Re: New HDSP series Windows driver generation - public beta - Update

Dandruff wrote:

OK wink

Another nitpick:

File properties say "© Martin Bjoernsen 1994-2009". I think that should be updated to "© Martin Bjoernsen 1994-2011" ...

Waaaay too much rewriting of code involved for that!  The priority for this is, well, a meltdown would have to occur in one of those reactors, and when it gets to the Earth's core, THAT'S how deep in the priority hole this is. :-)

52 (edited by undertone 2011-03-17 22:28:58)

This is really fantastic! Since I'm running W7-64, I'd love to try this new driver but I have to do it on my work system. Three questions:

1. My current driver is WDM 3.08.3. Do I need to re-flash?

2. Do I uninstall the old drivers or just update to the new ones?

3. I use two cards on this system: Multiface PCI rev 1.8 and an HDSP9652. Does this driver handle two cards in the system properly?

Thanks for being RME! :-)

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

For more than application using the same output channels: How is the software mixing done in the driver? 32-bit floating-point?

Curious as ever... tongue

54 (edited by dadrumma 2011-03-17 23:00:57)

Updated to the newest update 3.21 today only on the laptop, vista 64, reaper. Audio good but still having a midi problem-seems some type of flanging happening. Not sure if this is actually a midi problem or set-up in total mix. Seems I can reduce this anomoly by disabling input monitoring in reaper. May indicate some type of bad set-up (mine?) interaction in totalmix. Re-installing 3.083-everything good again.

dadrumma wrote:

Updated to the newest update 3.21 today only on the laptop, vista 64, reaper. Audio good but still having a midi problem-seems some type of flanging happening. Not sure if this is actually a midi problem or set-up in total mix. Seems I can reduce this anomoly by disabling input monitoring in reaper. May indicate some type of bad set-up (mine?) interaction in totalmix. Re-installing 3.083-everything good again.

No such problems here with REAPER.

undertone wrote:

This is really fantastic! Since I'm running W7-64, I'd love to try this new driver but I have to do it on my work system. Three questions:

1. My current driver is WDM 3.08.3. Do I need to re-flash?

2. Do I uninstall the old drivers or just update to the new ones?

3. I use two cards on this system: Multiface PCI rev 1.8 and an HDSP9652. Does this driver handle two cards in the system properly?

Thanks for being RME! :-)

1. No need to reflash
2. Just update (the manual way)
3. Of course it should handle them properly (if the old driver did)

57 (edited by dadrumma 2011-03-18 13:15:42)

Dandruff wrote:
dadrumma wrote:

No such problems here with REAPER.

I don't expect this to be a problem for REAPER-but one never knows. No midi problems with: Fireface, Fireface UC, HDSP 9652, Digiface, Multiface I/II, Steinberg MR816X/CSX (though no on-board midi), M-Audio Profire 2626, etc., or any of their respective drivers/updates. I haven't spent much time investigating this anomoly and can't say for sure it's not a totalmix routing problem on my part. Since Totalmix has some new features-I did look at the options page briefly-but determined nothing was invoked.

58 (edited by undertone 2011-03-18 14:41:28)

Thanks D. The 3.21 on W7-64 driver seems to work well at my end except that multiclient won't work properly unless the ASIO host is instantiated before the system audio is used. There are no sample rate issues as my entire system is locked to WC from my AD/DA @ 44.1 kHz.   I used Nuendo 4, Chainer, Sound Forge, and VLC for my tests:

- If I start an instance of VLC, and subsequently start an ASIO host, the ASIO host is silent. Resetting the ASIO host drivers while VLC is still active doesn't help ("Reset" in Nuendo, toggle Start/Stop Audio in Chainer).
- If I quit VLC and then reset the ASIO host drivers, they start working.
- If I start an ASIO host and then start VLC, it works fine and I can hear both.
- If I start an ASIO host, start VLC and then start another ASIO host, I can hear all three. This works even if I start with Chainer, which is stereo and then run the other two in 5.1
- hdspmix.exe no longer auto-loads into the dock: I have to manually start it up, after which it stays there. The new hdsp32.exe ("32"?) loads up fine on boot.

Also:

- VLC no longer can tell that the WDM system isn't surround. The "5.1" setting in VLC used to be grayed out if the WDM system audio was set to stereo. Now if WDM is set to a stereo configuration, 5.1 can be selected, but the output is of course just stereo.
- The HDSP Control panel now opens as it should from within Nuendo 4.
- Two cards in the system work as before, no issues.
- I kind of miss the "ms" labels on the buffer sizes, though Nuendo tells me. At 256 and even 128 (< 5ms I/O), everything seems fine and responsive. I'm actually scared to try less as in the past my system wouldn't handle anything less than 12ms on larger projects.
- I changed the buffer size to 128 with 4 ASIO hosts active and a 5.1 movie in VLC, and it worked fine, but I stopped all the hosts before I did this. I was using Nuendo in 5.1 playing mains through the Multiface ADAT to the AD/DA , with EW Play from another computer feeding audio via ADAT into the 9652 (no delays, everything synced) while simultaneously playing Zebra in Chainer, and Sound Forge playing back a sample at double its native sample rate. However when I tried to change the buffer size with all the hosts actively playing, I killed the ASIO driver; WDM system audio still worked but I couldn't re-activate the ASIO driver, even with a buffer size change. A reboot solved this. So NO to resetting buffers with multiple hosts in playback... I just had to try wink
- I didn't find any MIDI anomalies, but then I only use my HDSP9652 MIDI for my Mackie Control from within Nuendo and it works fine AFAICT. I use a separate interface for keyboard MIDI I/O (GM5).

I must say that for creative work, it's an absolute joy to be able to keep a bunch of hosts open and not have to worry about channel assignments. It's a huge step forward for my workflow as I can now jump from one app to another without having to worry about anything. And the cherry on the cake is that I can now use the MS Sound Mapper as an output for Sound Forge, meaning that I can play around with sample rates and the mapper takes care of resampling to the system sample rate while I'm using the main system outputs.

You guys deserve a trophy for support and added-value. :-)

A few FR's:

- A visual indication of the fader groups on the mixer (colored line or dot above the faders? 4 dots lit appropriately? 4 segments of different colors totaling the width of each fader?)
- There was a problem when moving from a large monitor to a small monitor in the field where the mixer would get hidden in an unavailable part of the screen (on Mac... I don't know if this was ever a PC problem). Has this problem been solved with this driver? If not, perhaps a "Reset position to top-left" command might be in order.
- Make DIM optionally work on multiple channels in a 5.1 or 7.1 configuration
- There are already faint lines delimiting channel pairs in the mixer. The option to chose a color for them (and making them more obvious) would make it easier to quickly localize channels when dealing with larger cards like the HDSP9652.

Thanks!

dadrumma: I can not measure any difference between old and new driver. MIDI latency and jitter is under 1 ms. Please provide more details of what exactly the problem is that you see/hear.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

undertone: I have no problem to start Windows Media Player first with a 5.1 playback (DVD), then start whatever ASIO host (incl. Nuendo). Can you test this with WMP and check what exactly VLC is set to to do?

> - hdspmix.exe no longer auto-loads into the dock

No wonder, this is Windows ;-) - Sorry, no clue why.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

deathlord wrote:
MC wrote:

If we swap channels then they will be wrong in other modes. For example you set to 7.1, but only play back a 5.1 file - everything correct now. Would be wrong when swapped

I agree, it is not as simple as that. Instead, the swapping must depend on the format being played, i.e. the channel mask.

We had some discussion and tests going on, and so far decided not to swap anything. If you have this specific problem the solution seems to be to use the different 5.1 mode to achieve an identical playback mode.

The really interesting point is that Windows plays back all channels in the correct order. Just record an 8 channel interleaved file with DC and play it back with WMP - every single channel is exactly where it should be. The 'problem' is that the channels are already swapped in the recording that you gave as example. And that seems to be intentionally (no idea who had that idea):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library … 85%29.aspx

We have lots of industrial (among others) customers who use 8-chanel interleaved with their own software and tools. There is no channel mask difference between 7.1 surround and 8 channel interleaved, so we can not differ between them. Therefore we prefer to not 'fix' what basically is not broken.

Finally: you can easily set up two presets in TotalMix that swap those channels. One mouse click...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We have lots of industrial (among others) customers who use 8-chanel interleaved with their own software and tools. There is no channel mask difference between 7.1 surround and 8 channel interleaved, so we can not differ between them.

I see, thanks for considering it. Any chance you can make a checkbox in the settings that would default to unchecked=status quo and when checked swap (only for 0x63F) side and back? Even a registry tweak would be appreciated.

64 (edited by dadrumma 2011-03-19 01:03:59)

MC wrote:

dadrumma: I can not measure any difference between old and new driver. MIDI latency and jitter is under 1 ms. Please provide more details of what exactly the problem is that you see/hear.

MC,
I'll reload the driver and give it a bit more scrutiny-see if I can find something in totalmix that I've set-up that could be causing this behavior. Initially, I loaded a REAPER project that includes a drum vst and noticed that trying to play at various volume/dynamic levels the sound would change in a strange way-most noticeable- while playing at lower velocity and slightly varying the dynamic levels. Lower dynamic levels on Hi Hat hits sounded like flanging-a high pitched sweeping sound that I've just not experienced before. Dropping back to 3.083 all files play normally.  I'm using a Roland TD-20 as a trigger-to-midi interpreter for the pads/interface so here could be another cog to investigate in this matter.

MC wrote:

undertone: I have no problem to start Windows Media Player first with a 5.1 playback (DVD), then start whatever ASIO host (incl. Nuendo). Can you test this with WMP and check what exactly VLC is set to to do?

On my system I experience EXACTLY  the same behavior with WMP as I do with VLC: if I start WMP and play back a 5.1 DVD, Nuendo started afterwards will not play back it's audio unless I close WMP and Reset the ASIO driver in Nuendo. If I start Nuendo first, and then start WMP playback it works fine and both play at the same time without issues. Same thing with Chainer. VLC is set to use the "default" system audio path.

I don't understand what makes my system different from yours. My WMP is version 12.0.7600.16667. Have you updated to W7-64 SP1? I haven't yet. Are you using Nuendo 4 or 5? I'm still using Nuendo 4.3.

Thanks.

I tried to reproduce as good as possible. Slaved to WC at 44.1. You set the Loudspeaker to 5.1 and see the playback in TM? I then start Nuendo 4.3. I am on W7 32. WMP is 12.0.7601.17514.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

67 (edited by undertone 2011-03-19 19:10:39)

MC wrote:

I tried to reproduce as good as possible. Slaved to WC at 44.1. You set the Loudspeaker to 5.1 and see the playback in TM? I then start Nuendo 4.3. I am on W7 32. WMP is 12.0.7601.17514.

Yes the "Loudspeaker" icon (Speakers / RME Hammerfall DSP / Default Device) in the system Sound Preferences is configured as system 5.1. Thanks for trying: the difference might be that your W7 is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. I tried to update my WMP but the system tells me that my older version is the most recent version for my system so perhaps the two versions of W7 aren't being updated at the same time. I'm going to update to SP1 and see if that makes a difference.

**UPDATE: Updating the system to SP1 got me the same WMP version as you. However the reported behavior is still the same. No biggie: just have to make sure I have an ASIO host running before I instantiate a media player if I need both concurrently. Wish I knew why this is so... could it have something to do with active but unused motherboard audio? There's  an HDAudio Device as well as ATI HDMI listed in the audio preferences, but none of them are enabled.

68 (edited by beeski 2011-03-19 18:40:05)

so far so good. running the previous driver under xp/sp3 nuendo/cubase, playback usually stopped after switching to lower latencies (<256; didn't even stutter/click, just ceased playback, no matter if there were any plugins inserted in a given project). now i seem to be able to easily achieve the lowest latencies.

rme hdsp [pci] / multiface II / win7 x64 / i7 4930k

69 (edited by baxlash 2011-03-19 19:31:36)

Hey Forum ...

I got some problems with the old driver 3085 with the ASIO support.
for exsample ProTools 9 and a Audio Broadcast Software are not working probably.
Samplitude was working perfect.
now I updated the driver without success.
The error in the device manager is (don't want to translate the whole message) something with the digital signature and ends with Code 52.

here is the german error messsage:
Die digitale Signatur der für dieses Gerät erforderlichen Treiber kann nicht überprüft werden. Bei einer vor Kurzem durchgeführten Änderung an Hardware oder Software wurde möglicherweise eine Datei installiert, die falsch signiert oder beschädigt ist. Möglicherweise handelt es sich auch um schädliche Software einer unbekannten Quelle. (Code 52)

I also googled around, found some tips to disable the siganture check .. no success.
please help.

My System:
- Lenovo T61
- Win 7 64bit pro
- Multiface with CardBus

regard from Berlin

Martin

MC wrote:

> - hdspmix.exe no longer auto-loads into the dock

No wonder, this is Windows ;-) - Sorry, no clue why.

Actually it turns out that it does auto-load into the dock on boot. The problem is that once the dock is looked at for the first time (in W7, clicking on the "Show hidden icons" icon on the taskbar),  it instantly disappears and has to be re-instantiated from it's installed location (C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdspmix.exe). After that it stays where it's supposed to be.

This is a bit unclear. Did you miss to click on 'Anpassen' (Edit? Configure?) in the popup and set the icon to always stay visible? Or is the program crashing after start and then needs to be restarted? If so check the autorun entries, you might have something wrong in the reg with hdsp32.exe, like wrong path or double entry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

72 (edited by dadrumma 2011-03-21 01:43:11)

MC,

I'm happy to report no problems with midi upon re-install of this update to the beta driver. Must have been a bad- previous install (I did remove and re-insert the expresscard on the laptop this time). Both laptop and desktop running/operating fine-no problems. Thanks for your excellent service/suport to your customers RME.

MC wrote:

...Or is the program crashing after start and then needs to be restarted? If so check the autorun entries, you might have something wrong in the reg with hdsp32.exe, like wrong path or double entry.

The registry seems fine with HDSPTray1 = hdsp32.exe and HDSPTray2 = hdspmix.exe and no duplicate entries.

MC wrote:

This is a bit unclear. Did you miss to click on 'Anpassen' (Edit? Configure?) in the popup and set the icon to always stay visible?

Your reply is somewhat unclear to me: where or when would I have clicked on 'Anpassen' and in what popup?
Thanks.

I've seen the "Tray icons fail to re-load after Explorer Crash", too.  I had a rare Explorer crash last night (first one in months and months) - and shortly after I noticed the Totalmix and DSP Settings "Tray Icons" were both gone.  While Explorer crashes are rare in this W7 day and age - this needs to be addressed IMO...

I did not have any issues with the Tray Icons disappearing when trying to un-hide them in W7's system tray.  The above issue is strictly related to Explorer.exe crashes/restarts.  All other system tray icons re-appear as they should following an Explorer.exe crash - it's just the RME ones that don't come back correctly...

Has anyone benched the new drivers against the old in Cubase or Nuendo (32-64 samples)?  I haven't done any rigorous testing on my Desktop PC, and my main MADI DAW is still on the 3.085 final driver for now.  I'm curious if the extra mixing features integrated into the driver will incur any performance hit as a side-effect to the added "convenience factor" (as is generally the case with software :-) )

Thanks cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

In my case it isn't due to an Explorer crash: after a reboot the mixer's icon in the dock; when I click on it, it just disappears and I have to restart the mixer; explorer has nothing to do with it. It's no big deal but I figured I'd report it.

I haven't had the time to stress test the drivers, but I'm running fine at lower latency than with the previous ones. I'll have to try one of my heavier projects.

I had both the Totalmix and Settings tray-icons (+ corresponding processes) just vanish/shut down with the FF400 on Vista (while on the same setup the UC was fine). As far as I remember it never happened after manually restarting them afterwards. Didn't happen since I'm using W7 though.

undertone wrote:

Your reply is somewhat unclear to me: where or when would I have clicked on 'Anpassen' and in what popup?
Thanks.

Under W7 you decide which icons are always shown and which ones are only accessible by a click on the arrow symbol. Click on the arrow symbol and then on  'Anpassen' or 'Configure' or whatever it says under all the icons of that pop-up.

But your report sounds more like the programs are completely gone (you could check via Ctrl-Shift-Esc).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

undertone wrote:

**UPDATE: Updating the system to SP1 got me the same WMP version as you. However the reported behavior is still the same.

What computer hardware is this system based on?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

What computer hardware is this system based on?

Q6600, P5Q Deluxe (P45/!CH10R), 8gigs DDR2, ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCIe, RME Hamerfall DSP (MF), RME HDSP9652.

MF and 9652 active in the system at the same time?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MCUnder wrote:

But your report sounds more like the programs are completely gone (you could check via Ctrl-Shift-Esc).

Thanks, I found the "configure" taskbar submenu. But the setting for the mixer is no different than with the settings program ("Only show notifications").

A note: I don't have the problem with the settings program (hdsp32.exe), only with the mixer program (hdspmix.exe). Once I restart it manually it seems to be fine.

82 (edited by undertone 2011-03-22 14:24:34)

MC wrote:

MF and 9652 active in the system at the same time?

Yes. I use the MF as my main WDM card and it's connected to an ADI-8 via ADAT. The ADI-8 feeds my speakers and I use its inputs for recording; it's also the WC source for all the computers and cards in my studio (everything is locked to 44.1 kHz). The 9652 is fed via ADAT from 2 other computers and is mainly used within Nuendo to get feeds from softsynths on those. The other two computers use a MF and a Digiface.

Aaaaahaa! We will test now with these two cards.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, was just wondering if there is/will be a new driver such as this one but for OSX Snow Leopard, compatible with a HDSP 9652 card.
Thanks!

There is no Intel Mac driver for the HDSP 9652, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

86 (edited by rlhess 2011-03-25 17:54:57)

Thank you for the update. It seemed that this was about the time for it--about when Win 7 Pro SP1 comes out <smile>.

I just upgraded my studio machines from XP SP3 Home to Win 7 Pro 64 bit and am working on a modified workflow. My main ingest computer is Dell Vostro 230 with an Intel Core 2 Q8400 and 4 GB of RAM which I recently purchased as it has two PCI slots for my two Multiface II interfaces.

My main computer for almost everything else is a Dell Studio XPS 9100 with an Intel Core i7 930 and 12 GB of RAM. I am awaiting a Fireface UFX for that.

I just updated the drivers and have my second Multiface II connected to the output of the first one's Word Clock (which is also where my frequency counter is connected. What I discovered upon installation is that I have to change the sample rate on both Multiface II interfaces in the dialogue. When I switch between say 44.1 96 ks/s, I find the second Multiface II switches the base sample rate, but retains its own single/double speed setting.

For example, both are set to 44.1. I then change unit #1 to 96. Unit #2 changes to 48. It would be really great if it changed to 96. I may pull out a second frequency counter and install it on unit #2.

While the system works in the DSP Mixer, the WDM drivers still don't seem to work with Samplitude 11.2.

In the previous version of the ASIO drivers I would get errors even with a 4096 buffer setting. I never noticed errors with WDM on a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz machine with the same software, though the ASIO was unusable on that machine. On the new machine the ASIO is usable, but is showing errors...a few of which are audible and need to be fixed. I'll report back more on the error situation after I record 8 tracks for about 30-45 minutes.

Richard

EDIT: 12:55 PM

I ran an hour-long ingest and received no errors with the new Beta ASIO driver. I used 2048 buffers which are a compromise, but I've also done a lot of other minor tweaks in the last few days.

i've actually got a couple of BSOD (usually of the 'irq less or not equal'-kind) after intalling the driver. i haven't changed the HW configuration or update any other drivers in the meantime; i have however installed some new software, so it's impossible to tell whether there's a direct causality... this is under xp/sp3/core2quad/cubendo5.

rme hdsp [pci] / multiface II / win7 x64 / i7 4930k

Will the new beta driver solve the problem of using two 5.1 surround sound outputs on an AES-32 card under Win 7 32 bit.

Under WinXP it was possible to use the interleaved mode on the card and then with DirectSound calls outputs 1+2 could be fed with a 6 channel stream and outputs 9+10 fed with a second 6 channel stream giving two independent 5.1 outputs.

With Win 7 32 bit it seems that only outputs 1+2 are treated as "Speakers", if outputs 9+10 are changed via Windows Control panel to be 6 channel they are tagged as Direct outputs and hence not very useful.

Is there a way of using DirectSound methods under Win7 32bit to have outputs 1+2 and 9+10 to accept separate 6 channel streams.

Thanks

David

My experiences so far with the beta driver are excellent, both on a Win7/ExpressCard laptop and a WinXP/CardBus laptop.  Very stable at 32 samples.

When using ASIO only, what is the recommended setting for "WDM Devices"?  The default is 13; is there anything to gain by changing it?

davidm wrote:

Will the new beta driver solve the problem of using two 5.1 surround sound outputs on an AES-32 card under Win 7 32 bit.

Under WinXP it was possible to use the interleaved mode on the card and then with DirectSound calls outputs 1+2 could be fed with a 6 channel stream and outputs 9+10 fed with a second 6 channel stream giving two independent 5.1 outputs.

With Win 7 32 bit it seems that only outputs 1+2 are treated as "Speakers", if outputs 9+10 are changed via Windows Control panel to be 6 channel they are tagged as Direct outputs and hence not very useful.

Is there a way of using DirectSound methods under Win7 32bit to have outputs 1+2 and 9+10 to accept separate 6 channel streams.

Thanks

David

The "interleaved" option does not exist anymore. Instead, the detection is automatic. I have a 9632 on 7x64, so I don't know exatly what is going to happen with an AES. But on my system 5.1 playback works only if i set ADAT1+2 as system default. If it is not the default device (but I select ADAT1+2 as playback device in the software in question), 5.1 playback is not possible.
So my guess would be you can't have two 5.1 outputs even if you have enough channels, because you can't (obviously) have two devices set as system default. Though of course I am not sure, since I can't test it.
Maybe you can test this with your card and report back. If it does not work maybe they can add support in a future version.

davidm wrote:

I am not aware of such. Note that with WDM and WASAPI these channels (9/10 etc) can indeed be used as up to 8-channel interleaved devices without being configured as Loudspeaker.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

92 (edited by undertone 2011-04-05 13:42:18)

I don't know if this is relevant to the new driver which I've been using since I installed it, but after a week or so something happened and I couldn't open a Nuendo 4.3 project. The driver is the only recent major change to my system and this hasn't happened to me in ages. It seemed to get stuck when it got to instantiating the output mixer(Loading Stereo Outs). This is of course under ASIO. I thought maybe it was project corruption, but recovered backups behaved the same way.

A reboot solved it and the project is totally working. My computers are on 24/7. Silly me, I didn't try any other ASIO software before I rebooted... but I'll keep an eye out for this behavior and test it more thoroughly if it happens again to see if WDM works and if ASIO works with other hosts.

The only thing that I can think of that might have caused this is a memory issue: the project is very big (1.7 gigs, Nuendo 4.3 32-bit); maybe a slow leak might take it over the edge? Just a thought.

Why version of nuendo ? 4.1, 5.1 ?

94 (edited by clerks 2011-04-06 15:05:04)

Hello,

I installed the beta 3.21 for Win7 64 SP1. I really love the "new features" ,(now i don't have to "re-rout" my winamp audio out...etc etc)...

Thanks,:-) but i have some issues  since i installed this beta : when i change a patch or sound in my spectrasonic VSTi (Omnisphere, Stylus or Trilian all of them have the same behavior), the sound is cut off during loading patch (or sound). Moreover in general i had a "smallest" (not a big difference) performances . With the old driver i had a project that  i could play with 64 buffers (very limit but it works) . With the beta 3.21 i had to switch in 128 (reaper 64 v3.75). I don't want to go back to older driver, this one seems more stable, and i love the new features, i could live with this issues, but if it could be fixe cool

With samplitude 11.2 pro, i had a lot of msg :"lost ASIO buffer" that i didn't have with old driver, even i increase the buffer to 256.!???ed: (i use the latest version of jbridge(1.3, and jbridge tools1.2)  for all my VSTi (spectrasonic, Sup Drummer 2.0).

All my project use UAD plug... (Manley Eq, Precision Limiter, Neve RS88), and Lexicon PCM native (all are 32 bit, so for reaper64 it works with internal bridge). With samplitude11.2 pro, all my VSTi are connected by jbridge. And I use Flux Alchemist (at the end for "master")..

My pc :I7 980x /Asus P6X58D Premium/12Go RAM. GB: ATI radeon 5750 fanless. HD (system) intel SSD(postville, 160Go), Project : WD 650 Velociraptor (on SATAIII), Sound Bank on SSD CORSAIR 256 GO (SATAIII).
1 UAD 2 quad, 1 UAD2 Solo, HDSPe Raydat (connected with my ZedR16 by ADAT, + FF UC conected by ADAT too ( my main LR of my board is send (analo XLR) to my FF UC and return to my DAW by ADAT (cause ZEDR16 only have 16 i/o in ADAT, not enough for main section) .
All my software and firmware are up to date .

Which 'old' driver are you comparing to?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

96 (edited by clerks 2011-04-06 19:23:53)

Hi
I was talking about last release  Version 3.085, 08/05/2010. One more thing today i update my SATA3 driver, and re-made some test. It seem's that the issues i had (change patch on spectrasonic VSTi, less performace) is fixed now it's seems Ok.
So i'll wait and see... :roll

Matthias,

deathlord wrote:
MC wrote:

We have lots of industrial (among others) customers who use 8-chanel interleaved with their own software and tools. There is no channel mask difference between 7.1 surround and 8 channel interleaved, so we can not differ between them.

I see, thanks for considering it. Any chance you can make a checkbox in the settings that would default to unchecked=status quo and when checked swap (only for 0x63F) side and back? Even a registry tweak would be appreciated.

Is it possible to add this as an option?

Great to hear about the Beta update!
I have used the FireFace 800 for over 5 years. 95% of the time with ASIO drivers.

I am setting up a new Windows 7 computer with a new HDSPe RayDAT.
Do(es) RME recommend for this configuration to utilize ASIO or WDM drivers?

From the standpoint of the RME drivers -- what are primary strengths or weaknesses comparatively at this juncture?

Many thanks.
Craig

Fireface 800, RayDAT, Samplitude Pro

In using the ASIO drivers with two RME Multifaces, the channel count gets confused for the second unit because the number of ADAT outputs changes with sample rate changes.

Is it possible to make this more robust across single speed and double speed sample rates for multiple units?

I can rename the signals in Samplitude, but things get confused still for the second Multiface as everything shifts down four channels.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard

100 (edited by pabloscotty 2011-04-11 15:33:24)

When will you release stable version?