1 (edited by Siegfried Meier 2011-02-08 15:47:14)

Topic: Digi 96/8 PAD & Intel DH55HC

Hey guys,

We've just installed a new mastering system based on an Intel DH55HC motherboard and an i7 2.93G processor.  However, upon installing our old RME DIGI96/8 PAD card, the driver appears to install correctly, then upon restart either Blue Screens the computer or just says "the device cannot start" in the control panel.

For what it's worth, we tried installing Win7 and the RME card in our ancient Asus P4PE with P4 2.4G processor, and the combination worked wonderfully.

Are there any known problems with this Intel motherboard and RME hardware?  I can't for the life of me figure out why this will not work.  We've now spent days trying things out and cannot figure this out.  Could the motherboard be defective?  It appears to work fine otherwise...

32 bit Windows 7, since the card only supports 32 bit, and I've tried all 3 possible card slots.

Thanks for your help,
Sig

Re: Digi 96/8 PAD & Intel DH55HC

How exactly did you install? Did you try the card in another PCI slot?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have tried all 3 PCI slots, and I've followed the procedure here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

As mentioned, the card works perfectly in the older P4 system with Win7.

I also own 2 different Digi 96/8 PAD cards, and have tried both.  They both work fine in the P4, but they both Blue Screen the new Intel DH55HC system.

Is there a chance that the Digi 96/8 is not compatible with the Intel DH55HC motherboard?  I was told it was by many users on the Samplitude forum, but I'm not certain that anyone has actually checked it or has this combination.

If we have to update to a newer card, we will, but it's unfortunate.  These Digi 96/8 cards have been really, really good otherwise.

Thanks,
Sig

Siegfried Meier wrote:

Is there a chance that the Digi 96/8 is not compatible with the Intel DH55HC motherboard?  I was told it was by many users on the Samplitude forum, but I'm not certain that anyone has actually checked it or has this combination.

Did you ask those who made these claims? I've not heard of a specific incompatibility, but who knows. I'm afraid I don't have access to this motherboard, though....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Seems I may have corrected it.  I've changed the main system hard drive (was having Maste Boot Record problems, bought a brand new fresh drive) and I made the change of installing ALL windows updates (even optional ones) first before installing the card and driver.  Seems to have corrected my issue and it's now working as it should.

Thanks for the help!
Sig