Topic: New HDSP series Windows driver generation - public beta - Update
the new generation of HDSP and HDSPe series driver is ready for public beta testing. As usual do not use this one on a production system and with sensitive data. If you need to make money with our hardware - don't fool around, use what works, stay safe!
For all other curious software warriors: while still fully compatible to XP this new driver is targeted more for Windows 7. It has full WDM support including setting the sample rate (as known already from the USB and FireWire drivers), plus a lot more changes, see below. It should also fix a lot issues reported over time, like with surround playback.
Its most spectacular feature is the addition of multi-client mixing. You can now use any number of programs of any sort (WDM, ASIO) to play back on the same channels. Note that as long as you use only one program per playback channel the driver works as before, including bit-perfect playback.
This new driver also delivers what we promised before: an update to the 'old' TotalMix, addressing the most important features wanted. TM will never become a TM FX, but some things were really bothering us too, so you now get 4 fader groups (plus a temporary one), an undo for the most worst error (accidentally loading a preset), and additional MIDI remote functions (see below).
- Correct installation of the Settings dialog under Win 64 (solves crash when called from Cubase)
- Settings dialog completely reworked
- Settings dialog saves the current position
- WDM driver completely reworked. Sample rate is now set in the Settings dialog (Win 7).
- Multi-client playback mixing on identical channels
- Optimized callbacks for multiple cards usage on multi-processor machines
- TotalMix Update:
- - 4 fader groups definable. Use 'Save All Presets' to store them to a file.
- - Undo of the last Preset loading
- - New options to deactivate the Mackie protocol and the Level Meters
- - Level Meter data added to Mackie protocol
- - Post fader mode added (Mackie: F16. On: MIDI channel 1, note on A 4. Off: MIDI channel 1, note off A 4)
- - Direct submix selection via Control Change commands (channel 1/2: BC 68/69 xx, channel 3/4: BC 6A/6B xx etc.)
!!!!!!! Update !!!!!!! 03/14/2011
Fixed since version 3.19:
- The option L (Link Faders) overwrites the fader groups
- The option L (Link Faders) freezes the Grpx display (no gain values shown when moving the fader)
- MIDI data corrupted. Does not happen on all computers.
!!!!!!! Update !!!!!!! 05/15/2011
Version 3.24 has now been released on the website. It includes improvements when using the TCO. If you do please also note the accompanying firmware updates for the HDSPe cards.
Known issues in 3.24:
- The setting 5.1 or 7.1 of the Loudspeaker is lost after a change of the sample rate. This seems to be a Windows internal problem that we can not address at this time.