Topic: DIGI96/8 Win 7 32 ASUS P8H67 Problems

Hello

I ve been working with win XP Ableton Live and the DIGI96 with a DiPort so far on a Athlon X2 64 and never had problems except the the high CPU usage on some projects.

Now i ve buyed a new Machiene with Pentium i5,ASUS P8H67 motherboard with windows 7 32 Bit.The sound is is GREAT compared to athlon!

The problem i now have is that i got some crackling noises from time to time in realt time audio monitoring.When i push e.g. 10-15 keys on my midi keyboard and playing a PAD sound from a VST and hold it i got this noises,sounding like dust on a old vinyl record.I tryed a lot of settings like higher or lower buffersize,Higher or lower buffer size on CPU for plugins in ableton live,a lot of settings in windows 7 belonging to energy saving modes,its on full performence now.Also have all the latest chipset drivers and bios,also tryed all settings in the bios.Tryed different PCI slots and managed to get this noises to a minimum but they are still there from time to time.Latency checkers i ve downloaded here all confirming my machiene should work fine with this hardware,the latency is not the problem.

I am using all the same setup in ableton on this machiene i had before so i wonder what cause  this problem.

Asked my computer seller allready and he said asus isn allways a good choice,RME is also.

What can i do?

In the music store they say the driver is for win XP only but i ve read many others can run this audio card with win 7 32 with no problem.They say i need to buy a new card for USB but 500+ bucks i cant efford!

Please help!!

Regards

Re: DIGI96/8 Win 7 32 ASUS P8H67 Problems

There is no difference in sound between Intel and Athlon CPUs.

Download and run this to find a possilble culprit in your system: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Re: DIGI96/8 Win 7 32 ASUS P8H67 Problems

Allready did this latency check,got between 80 and 100 us.

About the sound,its mebe just imagination but when i now use 256 buffersize compared to my old machiene max 2048 its sounds better on clarity and space.
I got this noises on any buffersize. sad

(producing chillout)

Regards