1 (edited by doctord 2011-05-19 11:16:30)

Topic: 9652 confusing. PLS PLS PLS HELP!!!

Hi there RME.

I have had one of your cards for 5 years. It has worked great at times and not at all at others. Please I really need clarification on this subject urgently.

Here are my issues:

After crawling a million pages and dowloading a million drivers I still cannot figure out what model my card is. I know its a 9652.
During my searches I have come across reference to 3 versions: digi, hammerfall and HDSP. I "think" i have a digi9652.

My card has a whole bunch of ADAT in and outs (although i never got the cables - and have no need) and 2 expansion cards - the AEB8 ins and outs 1/4 inch jack cards.

What I want to know about the three (DIGI / HDSP / Hammerfall) is:

1. What are the differences between the three cards
1.2. How do i tell which one I have?
2. Which is the correct driver for which card
3. Which ones have hardware chip updates and which ones don't
4. Which ones will work for windows 7 (upgrading from XP).
5. How can i adjust the output volume in OS - for the past 5 years ive had to do it on speakers. I can adjust media players, but want to be able to control windows' general output.

I'm sorry if these have been answered before - but i just simply don't understand

This is very very urgent - i would highly appreciate any feedback - I am not the greatest tech junkie and probably will not understand unless in very basic terms.

Thanks a mil for your time team!

D.

Re: 9652 confusing. PLS PLS PLS HELP!!!

Please have a look at the card itself, the name is printed on it...
There are only two 9652: HDSP and the older Digi/Hammerfall.

If your card has a MIDI connector, it is an HDSP. Drivers for the older card are in the Driver Archive (ver. 2.11).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME