Topic: digi 9636 ADAT OUTPUT LEVELS WEAK?

I find that I am getting dropouts. Not like I would with driver or latency issues.
Sometimes I hit a key or drum pad, my samples gradually come in after 3 or four hits. The first notes are most often inaudible. Sometimes in a quieter piece of music, the output becomes silent. My cubase outputs appear fine. I can overcome the problem by turning my cubase output up over 0dBfs but then after the kick start, it is too loud.
   I notice it more with sample based instruments more than processor based instruments. It works well but far from perfect.
   It seems to me as if there is a form of resistance but my interface is optical.
Do the ADAT leds get dirty or weak? Would optical cable cause it?

Re: digi 9636 ADAT OUTPUT LEVELS WEAK?

What kind of converter are you using, Behringer ADA 8000? In that case, a known issue of this device.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: digi 9636 ADAT OUTPUT LEVELS WEAK?

Thanks. Obviously a great deal of experience here. I read good things about the ADA8000 and I am impressed with the clarity and detail using digi9636 even compared with M-Audio delta 1010 which I thought was pretty nice.
   I don't have much to spend at this time but want my machine to work nice and sound good. I took the oppourtunity to use the RME because of zero cpu load. Can I do anything to make ADA8000 work better with rme? Or should I find other ADAT to Analog?