Topic: digi 9652 cards

cant seem to configure digi 9652 cards outputs out. i can record into the computer but can get no sound out of the outputs of the computer. if anyone can help with this please feel free to speak up.

Re: digi 9652 cards

Please be more specific. What is the card connected to?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i am using saw studio and i can input audio from my hd 24's but i cant get the audio out. i have the audio routed to output 1 and i can visually see the audio on the leds there at the outputs, but i get no sound out from the cards. i have the output routed through a presonus firestudio to a yamaha 02r96 from the optical out of the rme card. i checked that it was seeing signal from one of the hd 24's optical outs. i do get sound into the yamaha this way, just nothing from the computer. i had the computer built for me and the builder said he did not load audio drivers into the computer because he didnt want to cause a conflict with the cards. could this be the problem because i get nothing from windows when i first boot up. there is no sound coming from the sound card either. i tried the outputs from there also. it even has an optical output also.

Which "outputs of the computer" exactly are you referring to?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

there is an optical output on the computer soundcard.

There is no connection (in every sense) between the 9652 and the onboard soundcard (if that is what you are referring to with "computer soundcard". Please explain what you are trying to do...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i also eliminated the sound cards and went with a third soundcard i had. all are the same soundcards and i also just went with one card and still get nothing out. i can get sound into the computer with this card but nothing out. is there a scenario you could show me that would be optimum for my setup? i have a yamaha 02r96 with an adat card, a presonus firestation with adat in and out, and the computer card has an optical jack also. when i use the yamaha, the yamaha is the master. when i use the presonus, the rme is the master. is it possible that i have three bad cards? if so, how would i check?

I don't understand what this "computer card" is... Please explain. If you are using the 9652, why bother with another card, which may have an optical output that can not do ADAT...?

Confused, HeadScratch

D. Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME