Re: HELP please ! hdspe madi fx not working with protools on Mac !

Thanks Guys : (

Does this meen Im only abel to record the 32 first madi channels on my ProTools native 10.3 (MacBookPro 10.8) ?
Is it not possible to record the analog innputs from Madiface XT (Innput 65 & 66 in PT I/O) ??

RME Support wrote:

That's correct. The 32-channel limit and the bug that caused crashes are entirely separate matters.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

halludo wrote:

Does this meen Im only abel to record the 32 first madi channels on my ProTools native 10.3 (MacBookPro 10.8) ?
Is it not possible to record the analog innputs from Madiface XT (Innput 65 & 66 in PT I/O) ??

RME Support wrote:

That's correct. The 32-channel limit and the bug that caused crashes are entirely separate matters.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Not a ProTools guy, but using TM's Loopback function should allow you to get around this limitation (bus the MF-XT's mic Inputs to a set of outputs between 1-32, and then engage loopback to get these outputs to show up as inputs in PT)...

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Thanks, works fine :-)

Randyman... wrote:
halludo wrote:

RME Support wrote:

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Not a ProTools guy, but using TM's Loopback function should allow you to get around this limitation (bus the MF-XT's mic Inputs to a set of outputs between 1-32, and then engage loopback to get these outputs to show up as inputs in PT)...

Hi everybody ,
anybody using Pro Tools native 12.3.1 and the MADI FX (in a  Sonnet echo express II box via TB) with El Capitan ?
I thought this bug was fixed by AVID in PT 9/10....
no success here...PT crashing on load....aggregate device slows down I/O menu to a point where it´s not usable any more...)
MADI FX works great with Cubase 8.5 here....need Pro Tools to get to work for guest engineers though....

thanx for any update....

No crash here with the Madiface XT (USB). Can try MADI FX tomorrow, or early next week, feel free to remind me.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks!
MAC OS 10.11.2---Macmini & MBP 13" retina with 16GB RAM and 256 GB SSD----latest MADI FX driver
MADI FX works with other hosts...(Cubase 8.5 and Ableton Live 9.5 tested/working on a daily basis)
ProTools 12.3.1. works with Fireface 800/400/Motu 828 mk3 hybrid and onboard soundcard
Crashes:
-on load
-entering I/O Menu
-importing any Audio
Problem seems to be related to my output patch:
I use the AES Out for my control room speakers---they show up AT THE END of the 192 channels(32 Ch limit problem?)
i can see in totalmix that NO AUDIO is passed through from PT > MADI FX
When i use the 1st MADI Stereo OUT instead and submix it in totalmix to the AES Out i suddenly get Audio in totalmix (Host Out)
and the SUBMIX to AES works(of course--totalmix) ....i can actually HEAR AUDIO for the first time with the MADI FX & PT12.3.1....
I cannot tell atm if this fixes also any of the other crashes/stability issues or if Input/Record will work ,but i keep you posted after further testing!
Regards,
Nik

UPDATE:

-any I/O setting > CH 32 will NOT pass Audio to MADI FX/Totalmix and will eventually crash the system

-the workaround via totalmix SUBMIX seems to work ok for the moment...

This only works for output patch of course---Inputs > Ch 32 are not usable atm....

best,

Nik