Topic: Recommendation for wdm configuration

Hi,

I just changed my soundsystem to HSDPe AIO with AI4S-192. (Rev. 12, Driver 3.31 on a Win 7 64Bit, Intel quad-core, 8 GB RAM). Most of the time I use the card with ASIO drivers with cubase.
Most of the time everything works fine but every now and then out of a sudden the sample rate changes to 32000 hz and the pc gets veeery slow. I asume this is because the AIO is installed as preferred device .

(The manual says I shouldn't do this and if one cannot live without system sounds one should use a separate sound system. Well, I don't need system sound of course but I do need some streaming every now and then - for tutorial videos, for checking up some songs from internet...)

So, to be able to change this in a correct way a have some typical newbie questions (sorry for that):

1)
If I need some "all day" playback sound should I activate a separate sound system (e.g. soundchip on the motherboard) rather then using one of the WDM devices which came with the HSDPe AIO drivers?

2)
If I use WDM devices - should I change the sample rate for all of them to a similar value? Per default some of them have 44.1, some 48 MHz.

3)
If the recommendation is not to use the WDM devices if possible - can I choose "0" (zero) in the field WDM devices in the DSP settings? It seems that didn't work. So what should I do? Choose "1" WDM device and deactive it? Or just ignore it?

4)
The ASIO devices shown up in cubase have different names: "AIO Analog 1", "AIO Analog 2", "AIO AES L", "AIO SPDIF L", "AIO ADAT 1" and so on. Now I wonder if they are really different in some technical property or if this is just the naming. Because in Totalmix I can route everthing to everything, can't I?

5)
Same question for the WDM devices. Here I noticed hat windows handle the analog devices a bit different from the digital devices (other tabs with other configurations).

So that's it. Thanks for the answers in advance and sorry if that is old stuff for the PROs. Oh, and I did try to get the answers via search function but perhaps I used the wrong keywords.

--melger