Topic: Fireface UFX Sounds Low

My fireface sounds Low , all faders 0 db , very good signal in meters, dim off,  but the outputs  and Phones sounds very low.....

Some suggestion???

Thanks!!

Re: Fireface UFX Sounds Low

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1018

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

OK , i can´t understand what happens..... al my audio software sounds low....Logic, Spotify......no Dim On, no Mutes On, no Compression On  in TOTALMIX..... i can send you images to your mail (...)

Good Signals in UFX  Led indicators .... but low output either Main and Phones.

Correct Mac audio preferences.

Any suggestion???
Thanks for your time

Regards

I'm afraid I don't understand what "sounds low" refers to... Maybe you could provide some details of the entire signal chain...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel me too, all audio level is low,  similar to a dim activated, but there is any dim at all. all levels are 0 dB and sound signal sounds attenuated, sound level on screen and on mixer are near to red but general monitor sounds is low.
I checked in another computer with same behaviour.
I check all outputs, xlr and jack and headphones
I can send you a photo from mixer, and matrix. Please give me an email adress
I am working Apple Mac os 10.8.2, last usb driver installed and last firmware

Do you mean hardware output levels are low ? Please, be accurate in your description.

yes, all sound level received on loudspeakers and headphones sounds low.
but all sound levels on mixer are at 0 dB, and peakmeters are near to overload.
but sound level is low
understood?

If its hardware related, look at output strips in TTM. There you can trick the output sensibility of the card for each output.

Jean Michel, sorry where it is finded this output strips, on totalmix?

Hello everybody ,

I have a similar problem, for about a week now.
Everytime i power on my ufx, the output level is significantly lower that it should be. After about 5 minutes, the output level jumps to the "right" level (what of course is a massive volume boost).
(Un)muting channels, re-routing, moving faders up and down, changing sample rate, powering the unit off and on again, de- and re-connecting the usb-connection has no effect on the problem.

Ever heard of it before? Hope you find a solution.
Otherwise a happy customer for 10 years.

Ok. How about a comment from RME on this topic?

My UFX needs 5 - 30 Minutes after startup to pass audio on the outputs. If you crank up the volume its possible to hear the signal very, very silently. After the "waiting time", it jumps to normal level.

This wouldn't be a major issue if it was 1 - 5 minutes, but a whole live-production standing still for 20 minutes because my interface refuses to pass audio is not acceptable.

Now my UFX stays in ""silent mode"" for more than 24 hours and isn't useable anymore. Please tell me what to do.

wp wrote:

Ok. How about a comment from RME on this topic?

My UFX needs 5 - 30 Minutes after startup to pass audio on the outputs. If you crank up the volume its possible to hear the signal very, very silently. After the "waiting time", it jumps to normal level.

This wouldn't be a major issue if it was 1 - 5 minutes, but a whole live-production standing still for 20 minutes because my interface refuses to pass audio is not acceptable.

I have this problem, all outputs are effected.
It takes between 5 and 30 minutes for the volume to jump back to expected levels.
I've tried two different mac computers laptop10.12.2 and imac10.11

This "low" level thing seems to be only MAC related? Never experienced that with windows .. F

Usually this behavior means the power supply needs service.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Just by the way. My UFX needed repair and a re-soldered joint on the ribbon connecting the power supply board and the converter board. The volume drops stopped and it ran perfectly