Topic: Control the hardware input gain turnknob through remote midi controll

Hi, thanks for this great forum !! I am the happy owner of a FF UC audio interface.

My question is related to the RME TotalMix FX software and especially to the integration with an external / remote  midi controller (usb attached to the same pc as the FF UC).

I want to be able to control certain functios of TotalMix through real faders / buttons en turn knobs (in stead of using my mouse to change settings)

I am using the FF UC as audio interface for vinyl recording. I have connected my phono preamp to the Hardware Inputs AN3/AN4.

When doing recordings i regurlay have to fine tune the "gain" of an3/an4 depending on the outpue level of my phono preamp

I would like to assign this function to real kbobs om my midi controller.  (i also want to assign main volume to a real fader etc )

Looking in the rme docu at the support chapter  for remote midi controllers it seems that only a few totalmix functions can be controlled through midi controller ??  Is this the case or can you control any button / fader etc you see on the user interface ?

So would it be possible to turn for example this "gain" turn knob (on an3/an4   and on mic1 / mic2) using an external midi controller ?? How would i do that ?

thanks

regards Koen

Re: Control the hardware input gain turnknob through remote midi controll

any ideas ?

thx

It's not possible. Nearly anything can be controlled except the input gain.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thx, can you add this functionality ??