Topic: Multiface II : random pops and cracks

Hi,

I am using the Multiface 2 for 6 years now and I'm a happy user... until yesterday:
I came back from vacation and since starting my DAW I get some nasty random pops and crackles.
The first 8 inputs in my HDSP Mixer show random input signals. (No cable plugged in)

I can playback and work on big projects, no problem... but the crackle won't stop...

Is this a known issue?
I remember that I accidently pulled out the firewire cable when the DAW was running... could this trigger the problem?
In my flat I had some "electricity" issues...

Is there something you suggest me to do:
- new hdsp card?
- new firewire cable?
- new power supply?

Thanks for helping out!

Best wishes,
mika

Re: Multiface II : random pops and cracks

Hi Mika - sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but this sounds like a clocking problem - have you double-checked that your sync is correct?

thanks for the suggestion...

I didn't change anything in the hammerfall dsp setting box... I think the sync is correct:
sample rate 44.1
clock source internal
spdif in optical (but I don't use any cable)
sync check: all four: no lock :: this is right, isn't it? or does it have to say: lock????

I also tried another power supply and firewire cable: didn't help!

Hi Mika,

I had something occuring to one of my Multiface II which sounds similar. Suddenly, random input noise with fairly high Level on 8 input channels (despite proper sync etc.).

In my case, it turned out to be a hardware fault, and I sent the Multiface II back for repair, where the RX/TX chip of the firewire connector was replaced.

Regards, Mikael

2 DAWs, each C 7/64, W7/64, Dell Prec. T5500 (2 x X5690), 2 x rme HDSPe / Multiface II / Octamic II

thanks!

so I will send it back for repair...
this is the right link for sending smth back for repair?
http://www.synthax.de/de/support-reparatur.html

If you are in Germany, then yes. Else, please contact the local distributor.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME