Topic: Digicheck keeps crashing when I open it - Windows 8 Pro

This is strange, I've had Win 8 Pro for a year now and have never had any issues with Digicheck, it has always worked fine. But today I find that any time I load Digicheck (latest version 5.62), it crashes immediately and says Digicheck has stopped working! I'm sure I used it last week and it worked fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DC - no luck. So I installed previous versions, 5.50 and 5.61 - no luck. These versions were working before...

I tried disabling my antivirus and firewall - still no luck. I have restarted my PC 6 times and it still is not working.

Windows 8 is up to date.

Any ideas, this is really strange...? Possible registry issue? - but uninstalling and reinstalling DC should fix that shouldn't it?

Thanks.

Re: Digicheck keeps crashing when I open it - Windows 8 Pro

You did a driver update?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi

no, I haven't updated any drivers. I can't really think of any changes to the system to cause this. I've changed my anti-virus software recently and tried a new windows junk cleaning software, Privazer. But as I said, even when disabling my anti-virus software, DC still crashes..

**Update** Solved. I just reinstalled the latest hdsp_338 drivers again and Digicheck seems to be working again.

Thanks.

aaand i have this problem now, out of the blue it keeps crashing.

uninstalled driver (5.90) and installed again, no luck.
had it running smoothly for 6 months when i purchased the fireface ufx ll.

anybody had this before or knows how to solve this? 

im on windows 10 64b
rme ufx ll

mucho thanks!

buy the ticket take the ride..

5.90 is the version of DIGICheck, not the driver. Nevertheless there is no bug known, latest driver 0.9613 plus DC 5.90 should just work (as they did).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

5.90 is the version of DIGICheck, not the driver. Nevertheless there is no bug known, latest driver 0.9613 plus DC 5.90 should just work (as they did).

you want me to download and install the 0.9613 driver? i couldn't find it on the website..

8 (edited by ramses 2017-12-13 18:53:04)

floyd pepper wrote:
MC wrote:

you want me to download and install the 0.9613 driver? i couldn't find it on the website..

And you are sure that you had a close look ?

Because I can find it on webserver without any issues in the download area. Took me perhaps 10 sec ..

U need to look in the tab for USB drivers and there in the list where your recordig interface UFX II is listed.

Its the 2nd driver from memory. And the link is easily to be seen with the proper release number on the right side.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
floyd pepper wrote:
MC wrote:

And you are sure that you had a close look ?

Because I can find it on webserver without any issues in the download area. Took me perhaps 10 sec ..

U need to look in the tab for USB drivers and there in the list where your recordig interface UFX II is listed.

Its the 2nd driver from memory. And the link is easily to be seen with the proper release number on the right side.

thanks for tapping in..

i guess i got confused because i already had that driver installed so i was looking for 'a driver' that i might not have yet.

so far..
the driver_madiface_win_09613.zip is installed.
totalmix 1.43
still digicheck 5.90 (still crashing on every startup)
has been working for 6 months without problems, no hardware changes.

shall i try a older version of digicheck?

update: problem solved.
create shortcut, place on desktop, properties, shortcut tab, advanced, run as administrator.

next stop, totalmix routing daw to analog and back, once i used to create music..