Re: Archive: The official New GUI for Total Mix thread (not TotalMix FX)

Manolo,

I personally think that the Matrix should have a lighter color on the background.  That dark background makes it kinda hard on the eyes (at least for me).  Everything else looks good!

Take care!

Core i7 4770K | 32GB of RAM | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 8.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX |

52 (edited by Manolo 2008-02-13 22:32:31)

You're right Jose, I hesitated when I put the dark background. I finally use the original color (or near). I've updated Matrix screenshot and firefacemix.exe for Matthias.

JC28 wrote:

Manolo,

I personally think that the Matrix should have a lighter color on the background.  That dark background makes it kinda hard on the eyes (at least for me).  Everything else looks good!

Take care!

Yeah man!

That's much better.  I hope Matthias will let us know when this color scheme will be applied to the latest driver and ready for download.  Again, great job dude!

Take care!

Core i7 4770K | 32GB of RAM | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 8.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX |

Hello,

the reason to change the colors in the Matrix is that the functionality explained in the manual should stay identical. We chose blue because it is unusal and therefore is easily remembered to indicate phase reversal. Etc.

Now that doesn't mean that the whole Matrix has to look as before. I had no problem with the black background. The grey one now looks a bit boring...IMHO...maybe a better one is yet to come...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was a fan of the darker background too, much more !!ROCK!!:-O

hehe

Will these be up on the site soon Matthias? or is there things in the way of this?

Cheers

Sam

Hard to please everybody :-). Perhaps a poll ? It takes me one minute to put a darker background. Perhaps not black but a very dark blue or something like that. I'll post screenshots in the day.

Manolo wrote:

Hard to please everybody :-). Perhaps a poll ? It takes me one minute to put a darker background. Perhaps not black but a very dark blue or something like that. I'll post screenshots in the day.

That sounds reasonable.  Let's vote :-)

58 (edited by Manolo 2008-03-13 10:43:12)

All are ready to go.

http://photos13.free.fr/Matrix_lightgreyp.jpg
http://photos13.free.fr/Matrix_redp.jpg
http://photos13.free.fr/Matrix_darkbluep.jpg
http://photos13.free.fr/Matrix_blackp.jpg

I suggested a poll but i'm not sure it will be very representative and efficient to decide.

What the boss says ?

I like the dark blue myself....the grid isnt too crazy and the lines are easy to trace for seeing the patching for me anyways with my eyes....you have been busy lately Manolo  - they need to employ you do 're-skin' Digicheck now! smile

Ok, for me I would like to see a dark grey background, made out of the dark-grey structure found in the original panels (right side TotalMix).

Please note that you seemd to have overlooked something: the current Matrix includes an orientation grid, showing the borders of different interfaces and also of multiple channel groups. This is done by 4 different grey background bitmaps - they are not all the same. The matching placement is done by TotalMix, for every card/interface and sample rate mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Ok, for me I would like to see a dark grey background, made out of the dark-grey structure found in the original panels (right side TotalMix).

Please note that you seemd to have overlooked something: the current Matrix includes an orientation grid, showing the borders of different interfaces and also of multiple channel groups. This is done by 4 different grey background bitmaps - they are not all the same. The matching placement is done by TotalMix, for every card/interface and sample rate mode.

Something like that ? :

http://photos13.free.fr/Matrix_darkgreyp.jpg

Nearly perfect (for me). Now if you could make the interface orientation lines less bright...they stand out too much...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Done ! Screenshot and firefacemix.exe updated.

Perfect! I downloaded the exe. Could you do the same to the TM in the HDSP driver v 3.056, means provide an exe with these bitmaps?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How could I refuse tongue. Done, just replace firefacemix.exe by hdspmix.exe in the link I gave you :-).

I still like the light grey better because of the high contrast (but that's just me).

I happen to like the blue GUI!!:-)

The dark grey is my second favorite.  Just wanted to mention that :-)

Even though the light grey is boring because of increased contrast I like it better than the dark backgrounds. 

I think that this interactive gui design thing is great.

I love the blue mixer screen.

There is a batch and script file you can use in Resource Hack that makes changing the bitmaps much easier.

Stop the press - I mean the resource hacking stuff!

I have HDSP driver 3.057 in front of me. This one allows to load external bitmaps, that are found in a folder called 'bmp' in the same place where the presets are. I tested it with bitmaps Sander had sent me already in 2005, it works great. You can have different 'skins' in different directories. To change the 'skin' you simply have to rename the directory and to restart TotalMix. All bitmaps not found are automatically taken from internal, means the old design.

There are a few small issues, so I will not relase this one now, but latest monday. An update for the Firefaces will not take long too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

72 (edited by mtech 2008-02-16 11:57:09)

I Personally Like the Lighter Back grounds on the Matrix, which make it easier on the eye's. What about a White Background with fine seperator lines?? If that's not an option then I vote for the Light Grey one. For the TotalMix I think Blue is cool.

thats good news Matthias, does this mean if people want to share their designs all they will have to post is a folder of the bitmaps they modified? Makes it easier for every driver update I presume!

74 (edited by Manolo 2008-02-16 16:29:31)

The light grey one (with guide lines) is also ready to go so when we can share skins, I'll let the 2.

Yes, just the folder with bitmaps. A sample including all the original bitmaps and most important their names will be available too. I have plans to put the best skins on an extra page of our website, with a preview screenshot, so people can loook and download what they think will please their eye.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

76 (edited by Lorcan 2008-02-16 19:45:38)

Matthias,
that's great, thanks a lot !

Personal website https://www.lorcan.me
Company website https://www.lmdsp.com

I think this is a great example of how a technical forum can work. 

This enhancement developed by the customers and staff increases the value of the product.

Although my purchase of a PCMCIA/Digiface happened two years ago, with free software and driver updates it is a much more powerful tool under VISTA than it was under XP sp2.  I wish all of my software and hardware products were like that. 

Going forward this should build increased sales.

Wonderful stuff re skinning. One of the small but nice things that can make all the difference, like with Reaper.

Hey Matthias how long are we talking for the new FF800 driver? A few days soon, or soon as in a month or so?....

I am not harrassing, just curious smile

Here we go:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tm_bmps.zip

includes all the original bitmaps and a text file explaining the details.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hdsp_wdm_3057.zip

is the new hdsp driver with the skinable TotalMix. Official release later when I find the time to edit the website.

The changes will be done to the FF driver latest next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

cheers Matthias, nice work...

Looking foward for the FF400 ones...
:-)

rw

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

hows it going with the update for the rme site?

84 (edited by Dandruff 2008-02-26 16:34:09)

matthias, why is the midi....rtf file not included here? means we get updated manuals (pdf) soon?

also are there any other changes/fixes in the (asio)driver compared to 3.056 which are not mentioned in the readme?

thanks!

+ small "bug": the english readme misses the "expresscard" on the "hdspe series" line:

liesmich: HDSPe Series (PCI, MADI, ExpressCard)
readme: HDSPe Series (PCI, MADI)

> also are there any other changes/fixes in the (asio)driver compared to 3.056 which are not mentioned in the readme?

Is there a reason for this question?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

not really. just thought that the asio.dll should be the same as in 3.056 if nothing got changed!? or i'm wrong with this?

As the files are getting a new version number they are recompiled...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yeah, just saw this too wink sorry ...

btw: i would recommend renaming the new "Ignore I/O Labels" to something like "Ignore I/O Labels on Presetchange" or something similar. I really didn't get the functionality of this option first. had to search the forum to get it smile

If you don't get it - you don't need it!

fryingpan  lol

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok,

3.057 is on the web now. The new TM Skin page will be up soon too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If you don't get it - you don't need it!

fryingpan  lol

that's right, i really don't need it :-P

First, thanks for the new tm styles - especially manolo and sander.

They look great!!!

For me as a mac user it was easy to change the resource file to get the new tm-look.

Could someone please compile the new images - like sander did before - to one or more resource files for those (me), who are not familiar with compiling.

THANKS A LOT!!

Lelajo

Here we go part II:

The firefacemix.exe with skin support can be downloaded here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/firefacemix.zip

Sander has been so kind to release his skin work to the public, a complete version for Win and PC, they can be downloaded here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/bm … r_blue.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fi … ix_osx.zip

The latter zip includes the OS X rsrc file. More details see above, post #80.

Users of Vista can either rethink their choice of operating system - or wait for the signed complete driver package... :-)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Enjoy!

Sander.

hm..how its supposed to work? ive copy?d the fireface.exe in the windows/System 32 folder and have overwritten the old one

but the design is still the grey one

Ok..taken from the previously posted notes for the HDSP skinnable:
"TotalMix 3.057 and up use their internal bitmaps until a folder bmp is found in the same location where the presets are stored, and this folder includes one or more correctly named bmps. Then the ones in the folder will be used.

Path: Documents and Settings, <Username>, Local Settings, Application Data, RME TotalMix.

The new option 'Level Meter Text Color' brings up the Windows standard dialog to define a new color for the gain and level text display of the channels. Default color is green, 90/240/120, 0/255/64. Also found as pre-defined color, second row, fourth from the left. The values are written in the registry. There is no default button, use the mentioned values to set it back to the old color."

The thing that tricked me for a minute was the fact that you have to rename the "bmp sander.." folder to simply "bmp".
FWIW it looks really great here. Thanks and good work!

Cool! Good idea also the bmp default folder....
Thanks to all....

rw

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

Sander wrote:

Enjoy!

Sander.

looks pretty nice, but why did you choose the scale to display up to +6db? also the loopback bitmaps look a bit "dirty" with the channelnames on top of them imo. would look much better if these bitmaps would just be simple color rather than having this loopback-symbol on it ...

Dandruff wrote:
Sander wrote:

Enjoy!

Sander.

looks pretty nice, but why did you choose the scale to display up to +6db? also the loopback bitmaps look a bit "dirty" with the channelnames on top of them imo. would look much better if these bitmaps would just be simple color rather than having this loopback-symbol on it ...

About the loopback bitmaps; well you may have a good point here, still that I did not found them disturbing so much for now. But the bitmaps are really small and easy to edit and replace. Maybe you cou could replace them yourself or I would be glad to do that and either to send you them if you like.

rw

yeah, you're right -> i can edit them for myself ...