Re: Need FireWire Card Guidance Please

Just getting back after surviving Hurricane Irma. What a nightmare.  At least my roof stayed on my house and I have power and internet back.

Vinark, did you happen to get a chance to check things yet?

Sonic

SonicExplorer wrote:

Just getting back after surviving Hurricane Irma. What a nightmare.  At least my roof stayed on my house and I have power and internet back.

Vinark, did you happen to get a chance to check things yet?

Sonic

WOW irma is so far from here. Never expected someone on the rme forum.  I wish you strength!
Yes most is on Irq 15 16 17 on xp64. Sorry no normal xp. On win 7 the irqs  go above 100.
But in the past on my xp everything worked perfect.  There is no inherent problem with shared irqs. Only win98 had issues. Als on my p5q there is a bios setting under advanced that let's you change if windows or the bios assigns the irqs

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Hi all, so after all of this what firewire 800 card was determined to work best with RME? Specifically the Fireface 800. So much of this is way over my head and thru all of it I have not figured out what firewire 800 card to order.

Brilliant and thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.
So, the Syba 2213B versions are the ones to go with. A couple I tried were TI XIO2213 that didn't work. I'll try to find one as it looks like postage from the US to the UK from Syba will take over a month.

In the meantime, awaiting the Mac USB C to Thunderbolt which will arrive over the next couple of days. Wondering if they will work as flawlessly as a PCIe FireWire card?