Topic: volume control with knob on UCX

I recently purchased the Fireface UCX and have learnt the basics very quickly. It all works very well.

However, I can't figure out how to control the main volume with the knob on the UCX. I can control the volume in my headphones so I guess I also should be able to control the main volume ? When I press the knob it switches between: "PH" (no LED lit), "SP" (CH LED lit) and 00 (LEV led lit). The 00 can be changed up to 64, but it doesn't move the Main out fader in totalmix and the main volume is unchanged.

I have done a lot of searches in the forum, read the manual and looked at videos but I can't find an answer to this.

Re: volume control with knob on UCX

Turn the knob when it shows PH (CH LED lit) to the output Main is currently assigned to. It will revert back to Phones because that is the main function here. If you need more flexible volume control and other useful stuff check the RME ARC USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC, thank you for replying.
However, I am not sure I understand your answer. Could you please clarify ?

Are your primary monitoring outputs assigned as "Speaker 1" in Totalmix?  This might be what's missing...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I have my speakers connected to AN 1/2 and my headphones to PH 7/8.
In the Control Room-section in TotalMix FX I have assigned AN 1/2 as "Main Out", and PH 7/8 as "Phones 1".

6 (edited by pavakadeej 2020-05-26 16:12:50)

ripley wrote:

I have my speakers connected to AN 1/2 and my headphones to PH 7/8.
In the Control Room-section in TotalMix FX I have assigned AN 1/2 as "Main Out", and PH 7/8 as "Phones 1".

Hello,
I have the same exact connections and the exactly the same problem of not able to find the main master volume control on stand alone mode. sad 
Sorry, I haven't been able to figure it out.
I have read the manual, been searching the Internet and haven't found any answers till date.
Please help!