Topic: Hammerfall DSP madi Error light

Hello everyone.....I installed a older RME PCI madi card in my computer...Was able to update the driver to 4.18 And cannot get it to see the madi signal coming from my Sony DMXR-100 console...If I plug the co-ax cable back into the Sony board, it sees signal. but no signal showing up at the RME card.....Just the red error light on the card.....I do not know if the firmware on the card needs updating......I have not had any luck getting the firmware update app to run.....I am running windows 7...Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks!

Re: Hammerfall DSP madi Error light

What firmware is in that card? See Settings dialog, About tab.

Does that input work when you loopback the card's own coax output (make sure clock is on Internal)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

If I loop back the BNC cable into the madi input. the error light goes from red to green, and I get madi sync no matter which clock source is selected.......

The about tab says

RME  Hammerfall DSP
Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 driver
Windows WDM and Asio 2.3 support
Driver date 07/14/2017 version 4.18
Latest driver
RME 2016

It does not list Firmware version

Thanks for helping me!

Then please start the FUT, Firmware Update Tool, it shows the current firmware version. It should be 207, which was released in 2009 already.

Both HDSP and HDSPe MADI are proven designs that always worked with any MADI source, including the Sony desk.

If you bought the Sony Desk used: yes, for its MADI cards there had been at least one crucial firmware update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias.....Could you provide a link where I can get the FUT version 207 for windows 7....Thanks

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/hdspe.php

Click on Windows, then third download.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME