Topic: Do you think the transport HW can improve SQ ?

Hi, I use as a digital transport a DAP (Fiio X5 3gen SPDIF coax out) to feed ADI-2 Pro.

I'm plenty satisfied, but I wonder if a better hardware, acting as a transport, could improve
the sound quality.

I have not won the lottery yet, so please do not suggest me, as a  transport, an Aurender device type .

And....overall, having to manage "only" a digital signal (1/0  on/off volt) is it a worthwhile investment in another device
(perhaps with a better SPDIF implementation of the audio circuit) ?

If I had to answer myself, I would say no, but I would like to hear an opinion from those who know more than me about the digital audio.

Thanks

Re: Do you think the transport HW can improve SQ ?

Hello, FWIW when my ADI-2 pro is on my desk I feed it with one of these: https://allo.com/sparky/digione-player.html (much less $$ than Aurender).

I don't know if it would sound any better than the Fiio. Probably not (i.e. the same). However there is the convenience factor as once you go to a network music system it is much easier to have other networked devices (rather than some USB, some network, some from DAP - which I used to do, etc)

The sound quality does not change at all. SteadyClock FS makes sure that no matter where the input signal comes from, there is no measurable difference.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

SpeakFriend wrote:

Hello, FWIW when my ADI-2 pro is on my desk I feed it with one of these: https://allo.com/sparky/digione-player.html (much less $$ than Aurender).

I don't know if it would sound any better than the Fiio. Probably not (i.e. the same). However there is the convenience factor as once you go to a network music system it is much easier to have other networked devices (rather than some USB, some network, some from DAP - which I used to do, etc)

Hello, nice device, it remind me a drone in the shape. Small and practical and it doesn't not cost an eye...
The question remains whether it is better or not than my Fiio. I don't know.

MC wrote:

The sound quality does not change at all. SteadyClock FS makes sure that no matter where the input signal comes from, there is no measurable difference.

Thank MC, this is a definitive answer. I firmly believe in professional word, so I can put the word end to my doubts :-)
Amen....Save some money, too

MC wrote:

Hi, This is what I always believe until recently which i couldnt find out why. I've been using Intel Nuc with audiolinux installed and using MDP as my player. However, I have just subscribed Roon and tried install Roon Rock on my Intel Nuc. Without doing any DSP unsampling in Roon, i think the sound come from Roon is quite difference from the sound come from MDP in in terms of soundstage ,etc. SO my question is, will some network transports like Aurender, DCS, etc could make a difference in sound quality, good or bad?

Another question is I am one of a happy owner of ADI-2 DAC. Being an ex owner of Weiss 501 Dac, I am very happy that the amount that offset from the selling of Weiss to purchase the ADi2dac is quite good for a Christmas vacation. However, i sometimes miss the warmest sound of vocal that comes from Weiss which ADI-2DAC could offer so far in my system. Is there a way, like doing some EQ adjustment can improve the vocal of the ADI?

Thanks!