Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 26 / 30 - Remote it!

Just received my new DAC - great unit!

However, I'm using mine primarily as a DAC/preamp, so it's about 3m away from me. When I adjust some of the functions using the remote (e.g., bass, treble) I have no idea if anything is happening since my old eyes find it difficult to see 3mm high numbers from 3m away.

Suggested Firmware Change: when such things as bass, treble, loudness on/off, etc. are changed via the remote, a large splash screen should briefly appear with larger fonts to indicate what's being changed and what the new value is. This would prevent me from constantly hitting the treble-down button when it's already at -6 smile

bricksie wrote:

Just received my new DAC - great unit!

However, I'm using mine primarily as a DAC/preamp, so it's about 3m away from me. When I adjust some of the functions using the remote (e.g., bass, treble) I have no idea if anything is happening since my old eyes find it difficult to see 3mm high numbers from 3m away.

Suggested Firmware Change: when such things as bass, treble, loudness on/off, etc. are changed via the remote, a large splash screen should briefly appear with larger fonts to indicate what's being changed and what the new value is. This would prevent me from constantly hitting the treble-down button when it's already at -6 smile

It is the case (if you are not on one of the "Details" top screen): a large splash screen appears when you set B/T. smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

53 (edited by bricksie 2019-08-23 18:33:10)

N00b wrote:

It is the case (if you are not on one of the "Details" top screen): a large splash screen appears when you set B/T. smile

That's cool - which screen do you need to be on? Anything other than the volume screen? I've seen little, still unreadable white popups when I adjust loudness - is this what you're talking about?

bricksie wrote:
N00b wrote:

That's cool - which screen do you need to be on? Anything other than the volume screen? I've seen little, still unreadable white popups when I adjust loudness - is this what you're talking about?

On the analyzer or in the state overview smile

https://reho.st/self/dc788c266f87e81a0497bfd4c0a6f59f909dc1bd.jpg

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Great! I'll have to check it out when I get home from work, and can play some more.

56 (edited by joachim.herbert 2019-08-24 14:35:23)

Got my old Logitech Harmony 895 in full control of the ADI-2 DAC. Love it.

I miss the command for Crossfeed off, though. Any plans to add this?

No. Push the same button again...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

58 (edited by bricksie 2019-08-24 21:38:13)

So I tried out some functions while not on the volume/details screen, and it's hit and miss what shows up in large fonts when an adjustment is made. For example, when on the Analysis screen, we get a large popup when adjusting bass/treble, but no popup when adjusting volume (I guess because there's an itsy-bitsy volume value on the bottom of the screen).

I think there should be a large popup showing the adjustment for all adjustments capable of being changed via the remote, regardless of what Top Screen you're on, or what's already (in small font) on the top screen.

bricksie wrote:

So I tried out some functions while not on the volume/details screen, and it's hit and miss what shows up in large fonts when an adjustment is made. For example, when on the Analysis screen, we get a large popup when adjusting bass/treble, but no popup when adjusting volume (I guess because there's an itsy-bitsy volume value on the bottom of the screen).

I guess because you disabled 'Show Vol screen' in the Setup Options Display section.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC - I enabled that function, but it only pops up with volume changes. A similar screen should pop up with ALL functions when using the remote (loudness on/off, crossfeed, EQ on/off, etc.). I noticed that the small enabled/disabled screens are different colours, but the difference is so slight that it's not really helpful.

@MC

On my harmony elite remote, what does the function "DACSDLD" refer to?
I've pressed it and nothing comes up on the screen but when looking through my settings, it appears to have put "crossfade" on to position 1.

Juat thought I would ask?

Thanks.

RME ADI-2 DAC - Spendor A7's - Arcam SR250 - BK XXLS400 x 2 - ZEN MINI MK3 with LPSU (ROON core)

62 (edited by Anaz 2019-09-02 20:47:44)

Hi,

Thank you for the continuous updates!

One issue I've found:

When changing the DAC filters via a Harmony remote control Crossfeed is also activated (e.g. setting DA SDSlow also activates Crossfeed 1, setting DA Sharp also activates Crossfeed 2, setting DA Slow also activates Crossfeed 3, and setting DA NOS also activates Crossfeed 4).

Also, if the ADI-2 DAC's remote keys 1, 2, 3, & 4 are mapped to DA SDSlow, DA Sharp, DA Slow, etc., crossfeed is also activated when changing DAC filters.

Concerning the remote, do you know if it’s possible to order a spare one?

Anaz wrote:

When changing the DAC filters via a Harmony remote control Crossfeed is also activated (e.g. setting DA SDSlow also activates Crossfeed 1.

Post 37 on page 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC I use just the a Harmony Hub with my iPhone and it is GREAT !!! Viva RME !

Drop the Bass ! House your body !

Suggestion An option to learn any remote would be handy, remote for my bluray player has a lot of extra buttons for controlling tv that aren't used, I'm sure a lot of people have non re programmable remotes around, and some other dacs/preamps do have that function.

67 (edited by dr.flow 2019-09-27 08:30:01)

Please someone may help me powering OFF using an iPad with Harmony because even power toggle 1,5sec won't work.

Impossible when closing the activity to switch off the DAC...

Many thanks

EDIT : in the end modify the activity in the Mac Harmony Software and synchronized the Hub plug to the Mac... Work great
I even add a RME logo to the Activity ;-)

Drop the Bass ! House your body !

I didn't understand that at all. But there is a specific Off command, and Logitech has implemented these correctly (as I wrote somewhere else), so toggling On/Off works automatically with my simple Harmony 350.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

69 (edited by michicaust 2019-09-28 16:02:37)

Is it possible that turning loudness on/off on the device is not possible anymore?

I mean, yeah, the remote works, but the setting in the DAC itself seems to have been removed..?

// edit: NVM, I'm just a tad slow today.

Most excellent.

First I thought OMG that are awesome news -- but now I need some help:

I am trying to integrate the ADI-2 DAC in my home automation system. Therefor I am programming an IR transmitter. I downloaded the adi2dac_ir_commands.ods. I looked at the NEC protocol which you mentioned to use. But unfortunately with the provided codes it seams not to work.
Perhaps you can provide me with some additional information:

Which NEC protocol do you use?
As NEC works with 32 bit -- but in the codes list there are only 8 bits provided. (eg. Volume - .... 0x21).
Can you give me an example for the whole 32 bit code of eg. Volume minus?
(It should look somehow this way 0x123422DE)

best greetings and thanks in advance!

Read here:

https://github.com/irplus-remote/irplus … issues/453

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME