Topic: Babyface Pro Drivers Problem

Hi,

For some reason I can't run my Babyface Pro after installing drivers 3.16 or 3.18.

Latest version that works with my Babyface Pro is 2.22 .

After installing 3.16 or 3.18 the Babyface is missing from computer output device and digichk is crushing on opening...
only solution is going back to 2.22...

Running on OSX Mojave 10.14.6

Can someone help me please? 

Roy Levy

Re: Babyface Pro Drivers Problem

Please try the latest 3.18_2:

http://www.rme-audio.de/download/driver … c_3182.zip

and check your privacy settings.

http://www.rme-audio.de/download/AG_RME … ion_EN.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm also having problems with 10.14.6.

Before trying the links above I had looked for various fixes and downloaded Totalmix FX and the latest drivers, and even dragged the old Totalmix off my last computer (as I couldn't find anywhere to download it). To no avail.

Once I tried the above links the Babyface was noticed momentarily, but then disconnects, and connects, and disconnects until eventually crashing my computer. I'm not sure whether I've got so many drivers and apps that maybe that's confusing things, but also don't want to delete anything as it was all a bit hard to track down to begin with.

Should I delete every RME driver and app before the one you've posted a link to above? Or do I still need them to get full functionality? Or can you think of any other reason that could be causing this problem?

Thanks

Hi there,

I bought the Rme babyface pro this week end and i have the same issue that the gentleman above.
Heavy crack and pops.

Config :

Macbook pro
Mojave 10.14.6
Processor 3.5   intel i7
Memory 16G

RME driver the latest 3.18 and i tried the 3.18_2 that Matthias suggested (same issue)

Ableton live 10 (latest upgrade)
Audio buffer 256
one single midi track play a vst
the cpu move between 25/35 % with the 3.18_2 update (yesterday under 3.18 the Live cpu was between 50/60%) same config
cracks and pops are still here with 3.18_2

Same story under Logic pro X

and i switched to my in-build sound card, no problem everything is running smoothly

Any idea ?

Regards