Topic: BabyFace Pro and iPad Pro 11 - USB-C

Hi, Could you advice me on how I can connect the Babyface with the newest iPad pro 11 which is with USB-type c instead of the lightning port?

Thank you!

Re: BabyFace Pro and iPad Pro 11 - USB-C

You’ll need a USBC to USB adapter (I just bought the Apple one). I have the original Babyface and it works a treat with the iPad Pro

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Also the usb c to usb cables work fine

www.yila.co.uk

And can you use the new iPad Pro (USB-C) with the babyface and phantom power without using DC Power? I mean, using only the USB-c connection to work.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you!

My iPad Pro with USB C works like a charm with the Babyface Pro. I use a powered USB hub, but I can confirm the iPad can power it.

One question. Do the on-board Babyface effects work with the newer iPads?

EQ (on-board) always worked. Echo / Reverb do not.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hello i'm italian rme user,
so confirm to me that with ipad pro 2020 and babyface pro FS do not work the effects reverb and echo ? So to date it is not possible to take full advantage of the babyface pro FS with ipad pro 2020 ?  The only app to use is the 4 euro app?
hellos are an Italian rme user.

Echo and reverb is not available on iOS. Even not when using the TotalMix FX for iPad app.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

sorry but I did not understand c is a total mx app only for ipad and with that I can use the effects but I do not find it..? or the effects can't be used with iose ipad os be clear please

can someone help me?

When you use Babyface Pro with a Mac or PC, you can use EQ, reverb and echo effects.

When you use Babyface Pro with a direct connection to iPad, then you only have EQ in TotalMix FX.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

it's amazing a castration so with ipad pro that it's the computer of the future not being able to use the effects means invalidating the quality of the rme. I'm very bitter. and yet I don't understand. A long time ago I sent an email to rme and a technician replied that you could handle it as on mac or pc. I'm talking about babyface pro FS

mattrixx wrote:

You’ll need a USBC to USB adapter (I just bought the Apple one). I have the original Babyface and it works a treat with the iPad Pro

What effect on iPad Pro battery life?  More than 1 - 2 hours? (Assuming the 11" iPad Pro)

Note that the 2020 iPad Pro and now iPad Air 4 can mount on the (very expensive) Magic Keyboard which has an extra USB-C for power input, so supporting the iPad battery when powering a BFPro via the iPad's USB-C

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

You could use a powered USB hub between the Pro and the BF. Much cheaper than the keyboard charging solution wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello everyone,
I've had the same issue with the connection BF Pro fs to iPad Pro 11 (2018).
Just posted it here. Connect BF pro fs to iPad via USB-hub, switch Babyface to Class Compliant (press 2 buttons in one time "select" and "dim" ), then connect Babyface to iPad with type-C cable.