Topic: Babyface (discontinued one) INPUT channel 2 problem

Hello,

I made a research on the forum if this issue came up before but I couldn't find anything related to my problem so here it goes:

I am a proud Babyface owner. I bought it 7 years ago and I've never had a problem until recently, when the input 2 (R) suddenly stopped to work.

If I use the line-in input (the one placed on the right side next to the headphones output) it works, but it doesn't work if I use the XLR input of the breakout cable (BF-BOXLRMKH).

Before buying a new breakout cable, I wanted to know if it could be a breakout cable related problem or if the 2 inputs (the XLR one and the line-in one) use different preamps/circuit?

Thanks in advance

Re: Babyface (discontinued one) INPUT channel 2 problem

You did not mention it, did you remember the instrument mode switch for this input channel in TotalMix? If the INST mode is active then only the side input is working.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
yes, the instrument switch mode is off in TotalMix when I try to use the input 2 XLR

Please provide ascreenshot of the Input in Totalmix.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

OK, something weird is happening 'cause now it works again. And I am 100% sure that the "Instr" button wasn't on when it wasn't working. I've had the Babyface for more than 7 years now and I know the tricks.
I have been moving the Babyface quite a lot around lately so I thought it could be a broken connection of something like that.
Anyway, here there is the screenshot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cjpclvbgpxav … 0.png?dl=0