Topic: Mid Side Monitoring (including Muting)

Hi RME forum,

I have spent quite a bit of time setting up DIGICheck for metering which is looking amazing.
However I would like to quickly Mute the MID or the SIDE of the signal (and possibly L and R). What is the most efficient way I could do this using Totalmix / DIGICheck?

My routing is such that I am using the AN1/AN2 as well as separate channels such as ADAT3/4 etc. to monitor different applications on different routes. I have set up a template for each output routing, however I am stuck on how to Mute just the Mid (L+R) or Side (L-R) of whatever signal is being monitored. (In the meters I was able to configure this ok).

I have seen a clip of someone using TouchOSC to automate this

https://twitter.com/enJOYRYDE/status/803003413650763777

Re: Mid Side Monitoring (including Muting)

You have mutes as well as mute groups in TM FX. Doesn't that answer your question?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by lugard 2019-11-03 14:31:20)

Thanks for the reply MC,
I found that if I take the AN1/2 channel and unclick stereo, it will show as two Mono tracks, so I can Mute the Left or Right channel. (Is this the best way?)

For Mid Side I have tried clicking the MS Proc button, however when I unlink the channel it still appears as L / R rather than Mid Side. Is there a way I could Mute the side or mid?

I am probably missing something obvious..!

A "Side" toggle function, like "Mono" in the Control Room Section would do the trick!

Some thumbs up for a toggle function that can be assigned in the shortcuts. would be awsome!