Topic: Automatic samplerate switching WASAPI ?

Hello
I have JRiver running in Win 10. With the ASIO Driver for my ADI Dac the automatic switch for samplerate feature works perfect.
I just have to choose "RME ASIO" as output
As the sound is different, I would love to use Windows WASAPI
Using WASAPI as output the samplerate does not switch anymore and my ADI DAC stop playing instead of changing the samplerate.
My Musical Fidelity DAC has no problem in the same configuration and plays all the samplerates with WASAPI.
Can somebody give me a tip how to get Samplerate switching with ADI and WASAPI ?

Greetz
Uwe S

Re: Automatic samplerate switching WASAPI ?

Hi Uwe,

this has been explained multiple times in several other threads:

Just completely remove the MADIface driver from your system and make sure that you choose the option to delete it from your mass storage! Otherwise it will be automatically re-installed after the next re-boot. Please be also aware that without a properly installed MADIface driver you won't be able to perform firmware updates anymore, but WASAPI including sample rate switching should work. The standard Windows Class Compliant USB driver will be used then.

Have fun!
Oliver

RME ADI2-DAC FS | Intel NUC8i7
Rotel RB1582 MKII amp
Infinity Kappa 8.2i speakers
Audirvana player

Hello Oliver
thank you for the tipp, but is not working for me. After I erased everything from RME Windows did not recognice the ADI anymore. In Harware it was "USB-Audio Device 1 with an ecxlamation mark and no way to activate it.

greetz
Uwe S

Then you are not using the latest Windows 10, or have a very outdated firmware on your DAC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME