1 (edited by fisico 2019-12-12 20:06:35)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC EQ Preset naming problem

First time I post in this forum. I have a question about naming the EQ presets. By default these are called "EQ Preset 1", "EQ Preset 2" and so on. Now, I entered some EQ parameters and stored them in the first available memory. Accordingly, I have changed its Name from "EQ Preset 1" to "       Test", that is the word _Test_ preceded by 7 blank characters. Question is: is it possible to get rid of those 7 blank characters to name that preset "Test"? In other words: I know how to replace any character with a blank when editing an EQ Preset Name, but is there a way to ERASE a character? I tried but did not succeed. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

Re: ADI-2 DAC EQ Preset naming problem

Hi Fisico!

Welcome to the group.  In my dabblings with naming Presets,  Ive not seen an "erase" function.  Rather, I simply over-write anything I dont want with a blank.   Same effect!

Best Regards,

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Write 'test' in the first blanks and erase all others (by space), then it is left aligned.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Write 'test' in the first blanks and erase all others (by space), then it is left aligned.

This does not work. If I edit the name to "Test       " as soon as I leave the editing field the software automatically adjusts te text to the right, as it is stated in pag. 25 of the user's guide. Thus the Preset name automatically reverts to "       Test", that is right aligned.

No big deal, just the preset name does not look so pretty in the Dark Volume Details top screen:

https://i.imgur.com/FL65Duw.jpg

After playing with all the features of the ADI-2 DAC I am delighted by the quality, completeness and accuracy both of the hardware and the software. The sound is stellar. Go figure: not being able to erase characters in the preset names is the one and only thing remotely resembling a fault I have found in the whole package. Bravo RME!

Fisico,

So nice that you find your ADI-2DAC so enjoyable!   Trust that many of us Share in your amazement!   Such an outstanding performer...exceeding ANY expectation I might have had.

On the preset naming matter...try it my clumsy way.   If it worked for me...heaven knows what You might be able to do.

Best,

Curt

Thank you Curt. You are right, overwriting with blanks instead of erasing is not a real problem in the end.

Not at all.  Let your BIGGEST problem be which piece of Music to enjoy next. smile

Best to You!

Curt

Well, then use something nearly invisible like a point as last letter...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME