Topic: Balance setting dB

In the 'volume' or 'I/O' setup I can adjust the balance.  I looked in the manual and here to see what each unit in balance really means.
I want to set my volume balance so that it is 3dB louder on the right channel.  Presently I do this in my pre/pro, but since I only use this for listening to stereo music (which is all done thru my ADI-2 DAC) I would prefer to do this in the ADI-2 DAC so that it does not affect multi channel movie.
So if I move the balance to 'R01' does that raise the right channel 1dB ??  What is each increment in the ADI-2 DAC balance equal to??

Re: Balance setting dB

Tngiloy,

I love the Balance Feature!!

As this feature has a 0-100 Range...I cannot say exactly what each increment amounts to.   Trust that it is quite small.  Perhaps 0.1db per increment?

3db imbalance?  That needs to be corrected more appropriately than Balance alone.    Lets figure out the REAL problem!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

You can easily measure this yourself via the horizontal stereo level meter. Play back a simple 1 kHz sine (from YouTube or whatever) so that both channels reach 0 dBFS. Make sure the Level meter shows Post (or even better Dual). Now changing the balance is reflected on the post level meter and shown in dB. You will see that -3 dB is at about L29 or R29.

To quickly go back to <C> simply push encoder 2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Curt962 wrote:

Tngiloy,

I love the Balance Feature!!

As this feature has a 0-100 Range...I cannot say exactly what each increment amounts to.   Trust that it is quite small.  Perhaps 0.1db per increment?

3db imbalance?  That needs to be corrected more appropriately than Balance alone.    Lets figure out the REAL problem!

Curt

The problem is presbycusis, about 3dB worse in my right ear.

MC wrote:

You can easily measure this yourself via the horizontal stereo level meter. Play back a simple 1 kHz sine (from YouTube or whatever) so that both channels reach 0 dBFS. Make sure the Level meter shows Post (or even better Dual). Now changing the balance is reflected on the post level meter and shown in dB. You will see that -3 dB is at about L29 or R29.

To quickly go back to <C> simply push encoder 2.

Thanks.