1 (edited by iamjanco 2020-01-18 01:28:40)

Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS to Bottlehead Mainline Recommended Cabling?

Hi folks, my first post here.

I'd like to be able to connect the outputs of my ADI-2 Pro FS to my Bottlehead Mainline. The Mainline itself doesn't have balanced inputs (it only has unbalanced RCAs), but if at all possible I'd like to use the TRS outputs on the ADI-2 Pro as source. Any recommendations that you can provide would be wonderful, including shielded vs. non-shielded cabling (I noted the cautions in the Pro's User Guide); and I'll likely be building my own cables.

Here's a pic of my Mainline build, just in case anyone's interested:

http://usabledocs.com/images/mainline-build-8.jpg

2 (edited by tubeaudio 2020-02-01 20:54:15)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS to Bottlehead Mainline Recommended Cabling?

I bought some XLR -> RCA (TRS) cables from a pro audio shop. If you need RCA phone ends instead of TRS I'm pretty sure you can find those also. Not expensive and work well for my application.

You seem to have misunderstood something. The warning in the manual refers to XLR output. TRS out is TS only, unbalanced. A simple TS to RCA cable will do, as does a TS to RCA adapter for a usual RCA cable.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by iamjanco 2020-02-03 01:15:26)

MC wrote:

You seem to have misunderstood something. The warning in the manual refers to XLR output. TRS out is TS only, unbalanced. A simple TS to RCA cable will do, as does a TS to RCA adapter for a usual RCA cable.

Thanks for the additional info, Matthias. Yeah, I had already figured that out using a pair of TS to RCA cables. Just wasn't sure when I posted the OP as to whether or not there'd be any benefit going XLR --> unbalanced RCA.

Using Mogami PURE PATCH PR-03s at the moment.