Topic: Expand babyface pro with FF uc

Hey,

I’m looking to expand my babyface pro. I figure I could expand with a fire face uc and then eventually sell the babyface and get the octa mic2.

Has anyone tried the babyface pro and FF UC combo?

2 (edited by ramses 2020-01-24 09:41:45)

Re: Expand babyface pro with FF uc

No, but of course its technically possible.

Requires proper clocking and routing, not more.
You can preconfigure the recording interface behind the ADAT link if it supports stand-alone mode
and/or
keep USB connected for being able to manage the recording interface or for the purpose of firmware upgrades.

The forum is full of threads with examples how to expand your recording interface with more channels via ADAT,
be it preamp, adda converter or also by using recording interfaces.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for your reply, the problem is there is too many threads to sift through. I’ve been searching but it’s been tricky. What you mention about standalone mode is key. The babyface definitely does work as a stand-alone so I can run that as a slave if need be.

Extended Forum search:
"ADAT stand-alone clock master slave"
[x] FireWire & USB series
optional add "uc" "bbf" and/or "babyface" as keywords.

Basically yes.

You need to look, wither you want the BBF Pro as primary interface to keep the controller functionality.
Ideal IMHO take UC as master (as it has more channels), optionally add ARC USB if you want/need.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Nice. Thank you.