Topic: Starting from Scratch

Hello! Having not used my BabyFace Pro for over a year, I've encountered problems with all the updates on my iMac now running Catalina. I've done all the privacy 'allows' that are required as far as I can tell, but the TotalMix doesn't see the hardware. I've tried correcting class compliant mode.
I'm thinking about reformatting my iMac, which is 5 years old or so and has been slow anyway despite having very little taking up the drive (trying and failing at ever turn to uninstall adobe creative cloud!). If I do this, will I be able to install the RME software from scratch from the RME website, by simply using the updates? I can't remember if the hardware came with driver discs when I bought it or if it was entirely online, if I had a code or what.
Thanks for any input to some pretty basic questions!

Re: Starting from Scratch

You just need the driver download from the product page. There is also a new firmware so get the FUT file to reprogram the unit.

No need for the CD or incremental updates.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you very much Jeff.

I've reformatted my 2013 iMac and am running High Sierra. After trying the installs from the RME page (fut_usb_mac and fireface usb driver v3.18), the Total Mix software still does not recognise my Babyface. It's definitely in PC mode. The first time I tried opening the flash tool it looked like it was going to be fine and the permissions window popped up, but when I clicked through the process was stalled. Now when I try to open it the icon bounces but I get nothing. Help!

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/AG … ion_EN.pdf

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,
This time when installing the flash update (fut_usb_mac) it told me that it hadn't been optimized for my Mac. Have I got the wrong download? As for total mix, I kept the security and privacy window open as I installed it, but it didn't ask me to allow it. It appears to be installed—I can open it—but it's not talking to the BFP. By 'settings dialog' in the pdf I am thinking that's the system preferences and not something else I'm missing.
Thanks for your help,
Miriam