1 (edited by dmsd 2020-02-01 00:42:47)

Topic: Babyface pro fs with HD800s and RE20

Good day! For the last 3 days i was reading& watching about the new babyface pro fs but after gaining a lot of new information now I am really confused and need your help (not a pro in the tech things) smile I read that the headphones output is now increased. My main goal with the babyface pro FS is to use it with EV RE 20 microphone and sennheiser HD800S simultaneously. Will I be able to do it without any problem bearing in my mind that hd800s need a lot of power or should I choose headphones with less om to fit the babyface pro fs(dt 1990 pro e.g.) Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Re: Babyface pro fs with HD800s and RE20

The HD800S does not need a lot of power - it needs a lot of voltage, like most high impedance phones. It can be used at the bigger TRS output with sufficient volume, thouigh. Note that the ADI-2 Pro has only 7 dB higher output level than the BF Pro (when using the HD800S), which translates to less than double the volume - and that volume is too loud for anyone...

I have no experience with this particular mic, but don't see why it shouldn't work with the BF Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Babyface pro fs with HD800s and RE20

MC wrote:

The HD800S does not need a lot of power - it needs a lot of voltage, like most high impedance phones. It can be used at the bigger TRS output with sufficient volume, thouigh. Note that the ADI-2 Pro has only 7 dB higher output level than the BF Pro (when using the HD800S), which translates to less than double the volume - and that volume is too loud for anyone...

I have no experience with this particular mic, but don't see why it shouldn't work with the BF Pro.

What SPL approximately they will generate without any loss of 'quality"? Sorry for idiotic and amateur questions, not a pro in this field. Just wanna make sure which headphones to buy in addition to bfp fs and should I get lower IEM headphones or the spl of hd800s is ok for me.

p.s. here are the results at the headphones power calculator with the settings 300 impendance, 102 db/1v (sennheiser hd800s specs) https://ibb.co/KctQWkS