Topic: Fireface USB Settings will not open

Hi,

I recently purchased a Babyface Pro. I downloaded all the drivers and updated the firmware. Totalmix opens up no problem. Flash utility works. Fireface settings looks like it opens, but then there's nothing there.

I'm also experiencing strange things with the search function here. If I Google "Fireface USB settings won't open," I get a relevant thread, but it says I'm not logged in. If I put the exact same words in the search bar here, I get lots of other responses that do not match my query as well as the one from Goggle. So... I was unable to post in that thread because I can't find it.

At the end of the thread, there is a link to a page:

https://developer.apple.com/library/arc … ction.html

I tried that and still nothing.

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina display running Mohave, so my situation may not be exactly the same as the guy in the thread.

Thank you,

AP

Re: Fireface USB Settings will not open

I could only post one link in that post, so here is the link to the thread I could not post in:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27297

The Babyface Pro may be set to CC mode (Class Compliant), in this mode the unit works without the RME driver. Please try switching to PC mode (driver mode).

Unplug USB from the side of the unit. Hold the SELECT and DIM keys down while you plug USB in again. the meters on the Babyface Pro will spell PC for normal mode or CC for class compliant.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by AP 2020-01-29 21:25:45)

I did that already. Do I need to do that every time I turn it on? It was one of the first things I did before updating the firmware.

Thank you.

No, you only change when you need the other mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK, then... any other reasons that the Fireface Settings program won't open?

Wrong driver installed? Must be version 3.18_3 for USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi again. Thank you for the help. I did a complete uninstall and then dowloaded everything again and it works!