1 (edited by Matthorizon 2020-02-02 17:17:37)

Topic: Babyface Pro disappeared from devices after update.

Hello,

I was making some music, and i had to raise the buffer size to 1024. After doing that, the sound disappeared.
So i started googling, and thought it would be a good idea to update my drivers first, so i did.
After it was done, a message popped up telling me to unplug the device to finish the update, so i did.
After plugging in the Babyface pro again, it disappeared from the devices on windows, also if you click on "show hidden devices".
Now i deleted the drivers, and reïnstalled them, but it still doesn't work and i'm getting a bit anxious.
Could someone help me and save my sunday evening?

An update: My audio seems to work in DAW, but it's just gone from the windows devices list.

With kind regards,
Matthijs

Re: Babyface Pro disappeared from devices after update.

Your BF pro seems to be in CC mode. Change it back to PC mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Your BF pro seems to be in CC mode. Change it back to PC mode.

Thanks for the response, I've tried doing that yesterday a few times by holding select and dim while restarting the babyface by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in again . Just to be sure, that should take me out of cc mode right? I'll try it once more after work.

With kind regards,
Matthijs

If it worked you'll see the display CC or PC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If it worked you'll see the display CC or PC.

I've switched back and forth, in cc mode de knobs won't respond in RME totalmix, and when i switch back, de software does respond to me spinning the knob. Unfortunately i still don't see the device in windows.

I was about te go back to an older driver version, and the device suddenly popped up! No idea what happend but it works again.