Topic: UFX converting +6db too hot - bit slip?

Hi,
I have a UFX running USB and have noticed it is converting AD 6db hotter than it should.  I think this is a bit slip, but after many restarts and firmware update to 360, it is still happening - even when in stand alone.  This is an original generation UFX.
Anyone with advise please?
Thank you.

Re: UFX converting +6db too hot - bit slip?

Please provide exact level settings and fed level plus mode (balanced/unbalanced).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Level is set to +4dbu, 0DB gain, input on 11-12 as line. Same result on line input 1-8, again no gain added.  Tones from analog MRL - correct alignment confirmed on tape machine and external meters.
Compared with another UFXii and the Focusrite Red A16R.  Mode was balanced XLR and TRS on line inputs.  Thank you MC, I was hoping to see you here.

But where do you see the '+6 dB'? And what level is coming from the MRL?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MRL on tape machine is 250 nb/m +6 NAB at zero reference level.  This is -15 on my other UFXii with 0 gain, and -18 on my Focusrite (as expected since this is where my converter is set too).
On this original UFX the meters on the AD are reading -8 to -7db from digital zero.  The other issue is the sound - there is crackle with the signal.  Thank you.

Can you test with a connection from analog out to in on the UFX?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME