Topic: Should you turn off the UFX+?

In addition to https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=29123 this topic same question about UFX+: should I turn interface on and off every day (sometimes twice), or better to keep it always powered on?
I know that transitional processes are mostly bad for complex devices, and I saw some statistics about rack servers at datacenters: hardware failures happens more often on reboots, than on constant workloads. How this relate to rack interfaces, and to UFX+, which have no standby mode?

Re: Should you turn off the UFX+?

We have not tested that (would be a long time needed, obviously). Personally I always switch off all units when not needed, and technically I am not aware of higher stress when turning them on. Both power supplyand follwing electronics usually have several 'slow ramp up' methods which also might help.

There are arguments against constant on: the units get warm, which reduces the theoretical life time of the internal components. And some parts, like DSP and RAM, do have a limited lifetime anyway - 10 year old UFX (see threads in this forum) as example.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME