Topic: Digiface AVB not recognized by Mac

Since nearly a year I have the Digiface AVB and even though the Mac supports AVB native I always liked this little box. (Never failed, Lower latency and Totalmix).
Today I tried to use it the first time on a different laptop (Mac OS 10.14.6 on a 13" Macbook Retina, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB ssd, by the way: this is a company computer with a custom loadset, however I have administrator rights and everything besides iCloud and executing code from unsigned developers work...)
When I connect the Digiface AVB to the Macbook via USB-c to USB 3.1 B cable the Digiface starts blinking and for a second and then the blue USB light turnes on. But the computer doesn't do anything. (No AVB Contoller.app starts and the system report says that there is no USB device connected, even the RME FUT tool doesn't even start :-()
What can I do? I downloaded the new drivers and the latest control.app; and it works on all other Macs (2 Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro and an old Macbook Air)

Re: Digiface AVB not recognized by Mac

Today, I answer my own question... at least part of smile
I jut tried it with a USB-c to USB2 -b cable. And this works (with reduced channels...)
However I still don't understand why the USB3 cable doesn't...

Maybe a power supply problem? Try an external power supply for the DF AVB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

How? The Digiface AVB doesn't have an jacks for external power supply smile

Seems like your USB C cable is the problem. I have used the Apple Thunderbolt 3 > USB 3 adapter with the included USB3 cable and this works perfectly.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

mruebsamen wrote:

How? The Digiface AVB doesn't have an jacks for external power supply smile

Someone has hit the bull's eye smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME