Topic: Still can't see Total Mix

Hi, I have a new iMac and I'm a PC guy so this is extra difficult for me.

1) I have read and tried to the best of my abilities the solutions found on this forum for getting Total Mix to show it's user interface.  Total mix opens but will not appear in window form.

2) I have gone into System Preferences > Security and Privacy, and I have unlocked the lock and told my machine to "Allow" installation as described here:  https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 32#p128932

3) I still cannot get it to open.  I'm using Logic and have no ProTools software at all installed on the machine.

4) I'm using the Babyface Pro on a new iMac i5 with Catalina.  Can someone go through all the steps in >laymen's< terms as I'm not at all familiar with the Apple OS.  Please supply the correct link to all drivers and updates I need to be installing as I'm not 100% I have that correct. I have been trying to install "Fireface USB Driver v3.18".  Is that the correct file I need or is there another one or other files I need too?

Thanks!!!

Jerry

Re: Still can't see Total Mix

Make sure the Babyface Pro is securely connected on both ends of the USB cable, and the unit is not set to Class Compliant mode. If in CC mode, the unit does not use RME drivers and TotalMix and Settings are not functional.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Make sure the Babyface Pro is securely connected on both ends of the USB cable, and the unit is not set to Class Compliant mode. If in CC mode, the unit does not use RME drivers and TotalMix and Settings are not functional.

Hi, How do you see if "unit is not set to Class Compliant mode"?

Thanks!

described in the manual.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

...and written hundreds of times on this forum as well. For instance:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30066

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.