Topic: No Input or Output on Fireface UFX

Hi, I have a Fireface UFX which I have owned since 2014. I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Over the last week, my UFX has started to behave in a funny fashion. The analogue inputs and outputs are not sending or receiving audio. When playback of audio, the output signal is showing in Totalmix but there is no output. I have routed the signal to all of the outputs, it is showing in Totalmix but no sound comes out.

Also, after about a minute, the input channels start to overload.

I have an ADI 8 Mk III connected with the system running at 96K. This is working fine and when playback is routed to these outputs the audio is as clear as it has ever been.

I have updated to the latest drivers and firmware but the problem persists. I've tried swapping the USB port despite it having worked fine from this port for years. Still nothing.

It all worked fine last night but then nothing this morning.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: No Input or Output on Fireface UFX

Sounds like a failure of the internal power supply. You should contact your local RME distributor for service options.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff, I'll get in touch with Synthax UK.

Hi Jeff, thanks, you were spot on. I got a replacement power supply from Synthax UK. Delivered and fitted within 24 hours. Really easy to fit, just a couple of jumper cables.

All working again and I'm happy as!!

Great news, thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.