Topic: Availability of MRC (new DAC / Pro remote control)

When we designed the new version of the DAC's remote control it was fully clear that we would make it available to existing customers. The new remote has many of the buttons added that people used via remap keys, therefore keeps the user programmable buttons free for other functions. It is our believe that the new remote will be highly attractive to existing customers and obviously spares them to buy a complete new unit.

At this point of time the remote works as expected with both Pro FS R and DAC. We also have a simple packaging for it ready when bought as accessory. So now where is it? Unfortunately it is not (yet) available. For two reasons:

- all remotes that we currently have are used for the shipped out products (Pro FS R, DAC)

- the last shipment of remotes that we received was returned to the manufacturer as they did not meet our quality requirements. Usually that is no big deal. The manufacturer reworks them, we check again, and they are ready for sale. Unfortunately two things happened then: Chinese New Year and Corona. The latter has a big impact on many things, and will show up with more impact in the next two months, as many products are still produced from material that is on stock. If that stock runs empty we will see a big wave of delivery problems in many unexpected areas, at an unexpected time. Corona might be no issue then anymore, but the material does not show up in the required numbers/volume. But I got distracted a bit: the point is that we can not ship remotes as accessory right now. Unfortunately we also can not tell when this situation will change. Might be in 2 weeks, might be in 2 months. That is completely out of our control.

I will update this post when news are available.

The price of that accessory remote is expected to be in the 40 Euro / Dollar region. I can't be more exact as long as we don't even ship it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

2 (edited by Curt962 2020-02-22 04:46:14)

Re: Availability of MRC (new DAC / Pro remote control)

Thank You for that Update MC!  Trust that I fully understand!   I suffer a similar fate in my occupation on a near-daily basis. smile

Today was no exception. (Friday of all days...and suddenly?  Nobody knows anything...???? )   

I digress...

Best to you Mein Herr!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Thank you for the update. I've been waiting on the new remote. Like Curt, I have full understanding how things sometimes just won't go the way it should.

I'll be looking forward to when I can get one and in the meanwhile I'll enjoy my sound.

Shikyo,

By all means, Enjoy your DAC.   The expanded Remote is in reality, merely a Novelty for many of us, and a delay in availability is inconsequential.   Better We should perhaps find great assurance in the effectiveness of RME's Quality Control measures!!   The ADI-2DAC which has adorned my Shelf for the past year, and performs brilliantly every time is evidence of same. 

Crank up your device with the "Vintage" remote, and enjoy!!

Happy Listening!

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Shikyo,

By all means, Enjoy your DAC.   The expanded Remote is in reality, merely a Novelty for many of us, and a delay in availability is inconsequential.   Better We should perhaps find great assurance in the effectiveness of RME's Quality Control measures!!   The ADI-2DAC which has adorned my Shelf for the past year, and performs brilliantly every time is evidence of same. 

Crank up your device with the "Vintage" remote, and enjoy!!

Happy Listening!

Curt

More so it's another remote! My remote is always at the wrong spot(two different spots) when I need it. With another remote this issue is fully resolved while adding some extra functions. Win-win, I'd say.

I'm definitely going to enjoy my device to the fullest. One of my best buys after all despite it being the "vintage" version.

6 (edited by Curt962 2020-02-22 17:08:43)

You chose Wisely my Friend!

Like Water, I tend to also retain Gear...and unless there is some "Miraculous" breakthrough in Technology, or Human Hearing... I envision my ADI- 2DAC being here a very long time!

Rock Out!

Curt

Through years I've learned it's better to buy something more expensive and keep it for much longer than constantly doing small upgrades.

My headphones (AKG K601) are about a decade old and I've only recently started considering to replace them cause they're starting to fall appart physically.

Indeed!  It seems that MY homework led me to RME's Doorstep, much the same as many others.   smile

I've had good experiences!  Time, and most up to date Model # doesn't change that. 

My V1.0 ADI-2DAC still impresses me.

Curt

Dear MC, is it possible to implement the function to control media on the PC thru DAC with this remote, simple media buttons like play, stop, next, previous song?

That is not possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The accessory remotes are on their way, finally. But due to the current Corona situation I can not predict when they will show up around the world, as even the delivery/cargo paths have become delayed and insecure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I got a call about them arriving yesterday and picked the one I ordered today. So at least some have made their way to Finland.

Downside, I ended up spending way more than originally planned as I came home with new headphones, IEM and some audio cables(Yes, the threaded cables everyone here loves to talk about*laughs*). Lesson 1: When picking up something, don't ask to test headphones.

The remote works nicely and the added functionality is very nice. Plus I finally got two remotes making my life easier.

When I turn my head to the left I see 14 headphones and IEMs. Yes, that warning makes sense wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Shikyo wrote:

I got a call about them arriving yesterday and picked the one I ordered today. So at least some have made their way to Finland.

Downside, I ended up spending way more than originally planned as I came home with new headphones, IEM and some audio cables(Yes, the threaded cables everyone here loves to talk about*laughs*). Lesson 1: When picking up something, don't ask to test headphones.

The remote works nicely and the added functionality is very nice. Plus I finally got two remotes making my life easier.

Shikyo, Great news about the new remote!  Nothing (yet) here in the US, but SOON I anticipate.    On the HiFi Shop matter...Wow.  Lucky you got out!  smile   HiFi Shops are breeding grounds for the (financially) Deadly "Shiny Object Syndrome" Virus for which there is no known cure. big_smile

Best Regards,

Curt

MC wrote:

When I turn my head to the left I see 14 headphones and IEMs. Yes, that warning makes sense wink

Is it bad when the first reaction is a feeling of jealousy? Even though I only got one head and two ears?

Curt962 wrote:

Shikyo, Great news about the new remote!  Nothing (yet) here in the US, but SOON I anticipate.    On the HiFi Shop matter...Wow.  Lucky you got out!  smile   HiFi Shops are breeding grounds for the (financially) Deadly "Shiny Object Syndrome" Virus for which there is no known cure. big_smile

Best Regards,

Curt

Motorcycle -> 34 top box couldn't have fitted more stuff for the way back home...Though, realized I forgot something a headphone stand(which wouldn't have fitted anyway).

Now that I've been able to use the remote for a while, I have a question. When the VOL is pushed it mutes and when it's held it switches the outputs. As there is a separate mute button on the remote, would it be possible to either remove the mute from the VOL button or change the functions around (push switches between the outputs and holding it mutes)?

Reading the manual helps - the current one on the website for the new DAC:

9.1 Keys and Functions

VOL. Corresponds to pressing the VOLUME button on the unit. Short press results in mute, long press results in output change when configured via SETUP, Options, Phones / DSD, Mute Line - Toggle Ph/Line.

No other settings are possible, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have the new remote; it's nice, much better than original version. However, some kind of manual for it would be nice. Is there a way to reset the 1-4 buttons to their default setting on the remote? Thanks.

See Pg 18 of your User Manual for details on your Remote.

Curt962 wrote:

See Pg 18 of your User Manual for details on your Remote.

Thanks *thumbs up*