Topic: Roon Nucleus connectivity

G'day, just a quick question. Will a Roon Nucleus recognise, and function correctly with my ADI-2 DAC FS, if connected via USB cable? Just a simple yes/ no answer would be hugely appreciated. Not interested in the usual tedious, convoluted discussion, or middle-ware solutions.

Thank you in advance, to anyone who can provide a definitive answer!

2 (edited by bokko 2020-04-18 15:32:51)

Re: Roon Nucleus connectivity

Good Day

I am using a home built clone computer with a i5 7400 (Intel based but not a NUC) and my RME ADI-2 DAC fs is detected properly with Roon Rock (the software the Nucleus uses). While DAC is not officially identified by Roon and is an unidentified device. Its abilities are selected by default. 32bit 768khz, DSD256 I did change it to DSD over PCMv1.0(DOP) from Over PCM The difference isn't huge and certainly needs a higher end system (bryston 3b, Paradigm Studio 100 v3) to hear.
Did need a iFi iDefender 3 to lift the ground hum that was present. (mild yet noticeable at loud volumes)

That being said I prefer the sound of a Windows OS with Asio drivers over the Linux based Roon Rock. With this config you can select Native for DSD playback strategy.

PS
If your research takes you to Allo USBridge sig avoid it for time being it has drop outs with DSD files and our DAC. Allo will likely patch but might not occur for some time with present world events.
Now I am using a version 1 DAC but highly doubt that will matter.