Topic: My second 802 died today.

Hi, I got a fireface 802 in January and was so happy about it. I used it maybe three times and on the fourth, when I tried do power it up, the LEDs started blinking and it failed to turn on. Tried a second time and it didn't even blink...So I sent it back to Thomann and got a new one (it was within the 30days). Couldn't go to the studio for a couple months because of the lockdown, so I just used once. Got back to the studio today and it died the same way the other one did. I have it plugged on the same outlet as the other stuff I have and I never had anything broken on me. NEVER. Of course I tried new cables, other outlets etc...Nothing. What's up with the power supplies you use with these interfaces, rme? I'm so angry. I was so excited I could finally go back to the studio and this has really let me down sad

I will contact the Thomann service on Monday and will send it back to Germany to get it fixed (I can't get directly a new one because more than 30 days passed). Has anyone else had a problem like this with this particular model? My babyface pro never let me down.

Re: My second 802 died today.

Did you connect via USB or Firewire ?
Do you use socket strips with surge filter ?
Did you check your electric installation ?
Up to now you are the only user reporting such an issue on forum ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by m.maiole 2020-05-09 16:45:43)

I just used them via USB. All of my studio is powered through a surge protector and I never had any problem with any other audio interface, preamp, synth, monitors or guitar amplifier.
I know I'm the only one on the whole internet, and I thought the first one was just a bad accident. But this second one actually makes me very dubious.

4 (edited by ramses 2020-05-09 17:28:08)

Thanks for detailling this. I would contact support "officially" by e-mail.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13