Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS or ADI-2 Pro FS R

Hi,

I want to have a high quality listening experience via headphones for both digital (mainly USB) and analogue sources (mainly turntable) as well as record analogue sources to Mac (Ableton Live for example).

I'm using Sennheiser HD660S headphones and a mid range HiFi amplifier when listening via loudspeakers.
I might upgrade to a dedicated power amp in future.

I have the option to buy the ADI-2 Pro FS (Silver and blue front plate) or the ADI-2 Pro FS R (Black).
The unit will be within arms reach on my desk.

Apart from the remote control, am I likely to notice or miss out on any features of the FS R version (actually what are they apart from newer DAC?)?

Thank you for any insights

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS or ADI-2 Pro FS R

Hi! Just the remote and the features and characteristics of the newer DAC chip, yes.
And if you want to buy a previous ADI-2 Pro, just be aware there is also a non FS version (the very first one). The FS is branded “FS” on the front panel.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Hi, thanks!
Actually there is still a brand new ADI 2 Pro FS (the silver/blue one) available and it is considerably cheaper then the new FS R Black Edition version. Are the the features of the newer DAC chip are very noticeable?

costa wrote:

Hi, thanks!
Actually there is still a brand new ADI 2 Pro FS (the silver/blue one) available and it is considerably cheaper then the new FS R Black Edition version. Are the the features of the newer DAC chip are very noticeable?

Pro FS has been there for many years. it's an upgrade of the original Pro. The DA chips for the Pro FS is no longer available anymore, so it's out of production. The remaining devices are sold for a cheaper price the the latest gen (Pro FS R)

costa wrote:

Hi, thanks!

Not at all smile
For me the most noticeable feature of the newcomer is the remote and maybe the fact it will be sold higher and easier on the second hand market.
The improved technical features of the new DAC chip are welcome of course, but really not a game changer.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

thanks for the insights! smile
It sounds like the decision is if it is worth paying the extra for the remote and the newer DAC chip

costa wrote:

thanks for the insights! smile
It sounds like the decision is if it is worth paying the extra for the remote and the newer DAC chip

It depends on your need for the remote and the price difference smile

Exactly - a remote for that price difference seems quite high... considering the unit is going to be on my desk, the remote may not have much use... smile