Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS as a mixer (digital with analog inputs)

Can’t figure out from the manual weather it is possible to use the device as a mixer combining 2 analog line inputs (i.e. amplified wireless microphones) with a USB DAC signal (i.e. {a} Android / {b} iOS device / {c} Windows PC / {d} Mac PC) in realtime routing the signal to the analog XLR outputs feeding HiFi Power Amplifier (Parasound A21) at the opposite side of the hall (some 20-30 meters away)?
*{a/b} Dance teachers teaching a lesson; {c/d} MC talking into mic, while DJ is playing a set.
What delay is introduced by routing the signal from analog XLR inputs to the analog XLR outputs?

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS as a mixer (digital with analog inputs)

You can't find that in the manual because it is not possible. Your use case calls for a simple, cheap analog mixer that will do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As I understand the part about digital input (USB DAC) mixing (with analog) is not possible.
Is it possible to “mix” (apply some DSP and) route those two analog XLR inputs to the analog XLR outputs while recording the whole thing (a small gig - voice and guitar). Seems “Class Compliant Stereo mode” does it. What delay would be introduced to the analog outputs (is it a viable option for a live gig)?

> What delay would be introduced to the analog

Depends on sample rate, asio buffer size

Install a DAW demo and look what the ASIO driver reports to the DAW (RTL is input + output latency).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13