Topic: Babyface Pro FS: "Fireface USB Settings" resets output LED

Hello,

I own a Babyface Pro FS for some weeks now and am very happy with it. Thanks for this great product!

However, I found a little annoyance that took some time to track down and I'm still not able to reproduce it reliably. So some stuff might be very vague, sorry.

I'm using Win 10 1909, driver 1.168, firmware 125.

I usually have the "Phones" output selected on the unit so I can control the headphone volume with the encoder wheel.

When I open "Fireface USB Settings" (i.e. click on taskbar icon and bring the window to the foreground) for the first time after Windows startup, the output LED is reset to the first channel "Ch 1/2".

Now I really can't trigger it every Windows startup but rather something like every >=24h. It did reset today and two days ago, but not yesterday. I honestly have no clue. But the unit is currently powered 24/7 if that makes a difference.

Interestingly, the input is also set to a custom position "Ch 3/4" but is never reset. Maybe that would be different if "IN" is selected instead of "OUT", but I haven't tested it.

Can someone confirm this issue?

Thanks

2 (edited by void 2020-06-14 11:27:52)

Re: Babyface Pro FS: "Fireface USB Settings" resets output LED

More observations after some weeks of usage and many more LED resets...

- Having "OUT" selected, it doesn't matter if "Phones" or "Opt" is selected as the LED is always reset to the first position "Ch 1/2". Then using the encoder wheel changes the volume of that channel "Ch 1/2" and i can see the respective faders in Totalmix FX for channel "AN 1/2".

- Having "IN" selected, the input LED is unchanged but the output LED is again reset to the first position "Ch 1/2".

Besides the details it boils down to this: "USB Fireface Settings" sends some kind of internal reset to the Babyface Pro FS which changes the output LED to the first position "Ch 1/2".

Other than that, it fights my choice every other day, and seeing that it is obviously caused/triggered by "USB Fireface Settings", a confirmation of this bug would be great...

Edit: Removed false statements because I misunderstood the encoder wheel's function when "IN" is selected.