Re: DigiCheck NG for macOS X - preview v0.85 available

ollv wrote:

Thanks for the new release! Glad that the new bitmeter has been implemented!

But on macOS Monterey on Apple M1 the bits are always changing (green), when processing is enabled, even if the channel has no signal (UFL):

Confirmed, something strange going on here. We'll check how to fix this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

152 (edited by waedi 2022-01-17 01:56:31)

Just discovered something strange with Digicheck NG 0.85 , Monterey M1, Digiface USB.
A mouseclick into the programm area triggers a small visual explosion.
Mouseclick outside of the programm has no effect.
https://ibb.co/CQvT3MQ
edit : after upgrade to 0.87 this issue no longer appears, all fine.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

ollv wrote:

But on macOS Monterey on Apple M1 the bits are always changing (green), when processing is enabled, even if the channel has no signal (UFL).

Please try version 0.871 (edit: installer version is now up):

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/digi … c_0871.zip

Should work now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
ollv wrote:

But on macOS Monterey on Apple M1 the bits are always changing (green), when processing is enabled, even if the channel has no signal (UFL).

Please try version 0.871 (no installer):

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/digi … c_0871.zip

Should work now.

Thanks! That was fast! Looks good now:

https://i.ibb.co/zGhfQ4M/DGNG-SO.png

Playback of 16 bit file at channel AS1/2 with loopback enabled is displayed correctly.

MacBook Air M1
macOS 13.2.1
Babyface Pro FS FW v203 D v4.06
TotalMix 1.80b3 - DigiCheck NG 0.891

MC, is the 0.87 version USB loopback supported highest rate is 192kHz?

(I do not know if there is difference with the older version, I only found it at Audio device setup at v0.87)

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

ollv wrote:

Thanks! That was fast! Looks good now: Playback of 16 bit file at channel AS1/2 with loopback enabled is displayed correctly.

Strange issue that affected only ARM (M1) processors. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Johannes AU wrote:

(I do not know if there is difference with the older version, I only found it at Audio device setup at v0.87)

DC never supported more than 192 kHz SR. But the SR was no limited before. It would seem to work even at 768 kHz, but measured nonsense. Support for 3xx and 7xx sample rates might be added later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:

DC never supported more than 192 kHz SR. But the SR was no limited before. It would seem to work even at 768 kHz, but measured nonsense. Support for 3xx and 7xx sample rates might be added later.

I see, thanks MC smile

Hi there Matthias.

Digicheck used to have an option for getting horizontal level meters which I found very handy.
Is this something you are implementing on NG?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Yes, will come later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

161 (edited by Eric Bradley 2022-01-24 11:22:42)

Thank you.
I look forward to it!

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

MC wrote:

Yes, will come later.

Look forward to this! smile

Thank you so much! Muchas gracias Amigo smile

Coming soon:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/images/DigiCheckNG_horizontal_meters.png

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

165 (edited by TOOL 2022-03-09 19:40:55)

I thought that I saw on one of the tutorials that you can change the colors on DigiCheck. Where would that be located? Also, I cannot install/find the TotalMix. I thought the software was uploaded w/the RME ADI-2 DAC FS driver.

Edit: I’m using a Mac

Please open a new thread about TM FX. Colors can not be changed in DC, only the threshold where colors change in 2-channel and multichannel meters.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

BTW, vesion 0.88 has been released.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34963

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I don't see an option in Digicheck NG for changing the playback channel you want to monitor from. I need Digicheck to monitor from a different playback channel in TotalMix FX than the main out. I see in the online videos in older versions of DC you could change the channel in the "input device options" in DC. How do I accomplish this in the latest version of DC NG???

Mentioned a million times - Mac does not allow to monitor playback channels. You need to do a Loopback in TM FX (or the ADI unit) so DC NG sees the playback signal as input signal. And as you see the Main out signal you have Loopback activated there. Disable it and activate it on any other output channel you need, then change the respective input channel in DC NG to see the data.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias, DigiCheck NG does not allow me to select which playback channels i want to use. In the Audio Device Setup there is no option to change it. I have watched all the youtube videos on setting this up but they are all for the older versions of DigiCheck. I have the latest version of DG NG installed. I missing something? Where is the option to change the channels DigiCheck is looking at??

Scratch that. I found it. It is not in the Audio Device Setup menu. You have to right click on the window in DC to access that setting.

And you don't use playback channels, nor can select them there. You select input (record) channels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes sir I could've explained better. You're exactly right, input channels via Loopback is what I meant. I just couldn't find the option to change them in DC NG. Im all set. Thank you!

174 (edited by MatthewMontreal 2022-05-07 14:33:29)

I'm liking the new version but why is Input Selection not in any menu, or the Audio Device setup? That's completely baffling, and not mentioned at all in the Help file.

If I hadn't come here and read every post of this thread I would never have known that's what you do.

I hope that's in the queue to be fixed in a future version.

Edit: Ok I see in the Help that "With a click of the right mouse button in an instrument, a context menu opens which contains the items of the Option Menu relevant for the instrument.", though that implies that when you right-click you'll see the same things as you see in the Option Menu, which is not the case, since Input Selection doesn't appear in any menu.

Babyface, Macbook Pro 2015, OSX 10.14.6

Note: For the new Thunderbolt DriverKit driver that is available in this forum as public beta an updated DigiCheck NG has been released. Version 0.881 has no new or changed features compared to 0.88, but works with this new driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME