Topic: Feature Request:

Hello there,
I use an ADI 2 Pro FS as a monitor switcher A/D printing converter at my commercial studio.

The biggest downside I have that I believe could be fixed in software has to do with the main analog outs being linked to the digital outs.

My main monitors are digital, and are fed out of the ADI 2 Pro AES outs to a digital room correction device, then to the speakers. It works GREAT.

My secondary monitors (Auratonr 5Cs) are fed using the headphone 1/2 out using a TRS stereo to rca dual mono to a Bryston 4BSST to the speakers.

I've programmed a button on the front to switch between front and rear outputs and this works great once the outputs are volume calibrated.

I'd really love to be able to use a third set of monitors that are a different sound from the very wide range mains and very mid ranged mixcubes.

The solution would be to allow the digital outs to be used and selected separately from the main analog outs.

Then I'd have:
1. Mains (AES outs).
2. Secondary (main analog out).
3. Mixcubes (headphone 1/2 out).

Would this be something you'd consider coding in and does it seem feasible? Based on the flexibility already in the device I'd think it would definitely be possible.

Thanks for the great product RME!

- Ezra

Re: Feature Request:

AES Outs separately muted is already on our list.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Feature Request:

Great, I look forward to it and thanks for the response.

To clarify, in case it makes a difference, I'd like a way to be able to easily switch between all 3 sets if possible. I currently have my 4 programmable buttons labeled and used for:
MUTE
DIM
MONO
Speaker A/B swap (switch from rear outs to Headphone 1 outs, which uses a TRS to dual RCA to power my mixcubes).

I do this to provide simple functionality where freelance engineers do not need additional training on using the ADI 2 Pro.

If there were a way to either use the top right "A" knob to cycle through the 3 outputs (Main D/A, Digital AES out, HP1 out), or perhaps if the button could be programmed to cycle between all 3 sets, that would also work.

The other thing I think I could do is leave it as it is and program a button on the remote to switch to the 3rd set, but that's not ideal, and I believe I've used all of the programmable buttons (5, 6, and 7 I believe select totally different profiles which source the audio from USB, adat, and AES, for different clocking and routing configs).

Another option if I had to would be to use button 1. Spkr A. 2. Spkr B. 3. Spkr C. 4. Mute, but I'd lose dim and mono which are really helpful...probably more important than quick access to Spkr C.

Anyway, that's my two cents for consideration when updating the software/firmware.

Do you have any idea when this may be implemented roughly?

Thanks,
-Ezra

MC wrote:

AES Outs separately muted is already on our list.