Topic: RME Fireface UC Phone monitor started echoing while recording

Bought RME Fireface UC used. was working fine then all of sudden when recording the monitor started echoing a small but noticeable repeat delay. Also it appears the DAW is recording the delay making the whole thing off. This started happening out of nowhere, then stopped a bit, then started again. Have no idea where this is coming from. Tried fooling with buffering which just introduced terrible distortion. Reboot did not fix.
OS: Windows 10 DAW: Reaper AND Cubase  (both do this). Condenser mic, phantom power.

Re: RME Fireface UC Phone monitor started echoing while recording

If you cannot see the feedback loop created in TotalMix FX, then go to TotalMix FX Options and perform a Total Reset.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK Options>Mix Reset>Total Reset. Still have problem. Different from when I had it configured. Not sure what I am looking for. Am only using USB interface to PC. Monitors are going out Line 1,2.  PC config sound is going to Speakers, Mic input Analog 1,2.  DAW Input and output Analog 1,2. Main is assigned Analog 1,2 (?). Very confused. Where am I going to see a feed back loop?

Do a simple test to determine where the echo is coming from. For example play back a single, short sample (drum hit). Check the level meters in TM FX. Is the echo visible in the software row? Then its coming from an ASIO or software playback. To exclude WDM set the number of WDM devices in the UC Settings dialog to zero.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME