1 (edited by rubyred 2020-05-31 06:50:17)

Topic: 'Linked' Dual Volume set to default

Hello,

I need some help. I'd like to connect an active subwoofer to PH3/4 and the power amp to Main 1/2 (XLR), in order to set a high pass filter to output 1/2 and a low pass filter to output 3/4.

To simultaniously adjust the volume on both outputs ('linked dual volume') I have to press button 'VOL' two times after switching on the unit.

Is it possible to set 'linked dual volume' to default?

Or is there another way to connect subwoofer and power amp (passive speakers)? Connecting both, subwoofer (via RCA) and power amp (via XLR), to Main out 1/2 while applying a high pass filter to Main out 1/2, is that a good idea? Wouldn't the subwoofer suffer from high pass filter setting? By setting a high pass filter I mean rolling off the frequency at ~ 100Hz using EQ (See linked picture below, I hope it works).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbxYpUcmQguLd6YorojSfWQeRQgT6V-4/view?usp=sharing

Re: 'Linked' Dual Volume set to default

You need to insert a plug into Phones 1/2, then Dual is part of the Statusbar selection and remembered upon reboot. Example for such a plug is a simple TRS 6.35 mm to TRS 3.5 mm adapter plug. With 'Mute via TRS 1/2 Off' the rear XLR will still work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do I have to set both 'dual phones' and 'balanced phones mode' to ON?

No, you are not using balanced phones here. Or Phones 1/2. You just put a (stereo) plug in so the output becomes active.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Allright. If you allow I will get back in a couple of days to report wether your recommendation works when I receive the Y-connector TRS Stereo to RCA next week to connect the Sub.

Your help is much appreciated.