Topic: Madiface usb + Micstasy

Hi i dont have any experience with RME
Madiface usb + Micstasy
Is possible use this configuration like recording interface with monitoring ?

Re: Madiface usb + Micstasy

Hello!

No this is not possible by itself, because the Micstasy only offers A/D conversion. You would need another device for D/A conversion, for monitoring purposes.

I would suggest to take a look at the FireFace UFX+
If you want you can connect the Micstasy via ADAT, or if you want multiple Micstasies you can connect them via MADI.

The UFX+ has many features and exceptional quality!

If you elaborate, a bit, about what your needs are, we(forum members) can come up with more ideas!

Here is the link for the UFX+ :

https://www.rme-audio.de/fireface-ufx.html

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

3 (edited by ramses 2020-06-01 10:53:32)

Re: Madiface usb + Micstasy

Hi,

the UFX+ is without a doubt a really great interface and I recommend it again and again if possible. But at the moment, both the surrounding conditions and Gregu's requirements are unknown. Therefore I would suggest to clarify a few things first.

1. What is the available budget?

2. What kind of computer is available to connect the recording interface? OS/Version, CPU, mainboard/chipset, DRAM?

3. Does everything take place at one work place (typical home recording setup) or are there longer distances to bridge in several rooms or even floors (more typical studio conditions)?

4. Which devices (converters, mic preamps, ...) are already available and should be used further if necessary?

5. How many/what I/O ports are required? E.g.:
- Analog inputs/outputs
- Microphone / Instrument inputs
- Headphone Outputs
- digital ports wzB: ADAT, SPDIF, AES, MIDI

6. Which sample rates are used in DAW projects ? Only single speed (44.1/48 kHz) or also with double speed (88.2/96) or maybe even quad speed up to 192 kHz? For extensions via ADAT or MADI the sample rate is very important, because double and quad speed halves the number of channels.

7. Is mobility / compactness a must for the recording interface or the devices connected behind it? Or are 19" units fine?

8. Are expansion possibilities desired? There are different possibilities depending on whether you want to connect only one device or even several devices and even over longer distances: ADAT (TOSLINL cable up to 10-15m), MADI (decoded fiber cables up to 2km) and AVB (LAN based).

9. Are there special requirements for very low latency when working e.g. with virtual instruments (VSTi)?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13