Topic: Asio driver errors

I have an oldish laptop.
Toshiba satellite a100 -998
2 g memory.
1.3 ghz

Windows 7 Home edition.
Iam getting errors which stop the audio for around a second,  iam using latest driver.

Now when I installed the driver, I noticed that asio installed fine. But windows couldn’t find windows driver.
I know windows 7 isn’t supported any more hence couldn’t find the driver. Not bothered with windows sound.

Asio installs fine ,  is there a suitable earlier driver? Other Dacs run fine.

Is it because adi asio is full duplex?
Any pointers to fix this.
Thanx in advance.

Re: Asio driver errors

This is about the ADI-2 DAC? This nb is not suited for isochronous USB audio (chipset/USB too old). And Windows 7 is still supported and the WDM device for record and playback usually shows up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

This is about the ADI-2 DAC? This nb is not suited for isochronous USB audio (chipset/USB too old). And Windows 7 is still supported and the WDM device for record and playback usually shows up.

Ok I see.
The dac is adi 2 dac fs.

Yes the laptop is yrs old.
Ok thank you for the info.

MC wrote:

I have noticed that there is a pci expansion slot on the side of the laptop.
Would adding a usb expansion slot fix the usb errors? I can buy a usb expansion usb 2 and 3.

As such a card should not be very expensive you might try it. I never did and won't do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by KaiS 2020-07-12 20:42:23)

At some point old stuff has to go - if a new laptop could do a lot of things better than the old one, every $ is bad spent to keep something dying alive for a little more time.

Just my personal experience, and I'm a "keeper" .

Windows 7 had reached End Of Life at Jan.14.2020 and shouldn't be used with internet connection any more.

BTW: Windows 7 was, besides Windows NT, the best Windows ever existed.
But it's possible to live with Windows 10 too.
You just have to say "f***ing update again, really?" from time to time smile

Yes I agree.
I just thought it would be handy to use laptop.

I have 2 desktop computers.

i9 64g ram

Quadro 6000

Other ...

i7.5960x

Both run adi usb perfectly.

Thanks for the info
Much appreciated

8 (edited by terrys999 2020-07-14 13:44:56)

KaiS wrote:

At some point old stuff has to go - if a new laptop could do a lot of things better than the old one, every $ is bad spent to keep something dying alive for a little more time.

Just my personal experience, and I'm a "keeper" .

Windows 7 had reached End Of Life at Jan.14.2020 and shouldn't be used with internet connection any more.

BTW: Windows 7 was, besides Windows NT, the best Windows ever existed.
But it's possible to live with Windows 10 too.
You just have to say "f***ing update again, really?" from time to time smile

A purchased a small 54m expansion card today only £10  installed it with the appropriate driver.
Iam amazed!!   Works perfectly.
No dropouts. No errors .
Not bad for a 20yr old laptop.

I usually use my desktops,  it’s fine for mobility.