Topic: Mac and Rescan MIDI

Hi! I have FF800 and UFX, the question is about FF800 (I hadn't check the UFX) and MacBook Pro Mid 2015 on Catalina comparing to older MacOSes.

1. AFAIR, if the driver has been installed, the "MIDI part" of FF800 should work straight after connecting interface. In my current setup (MB Pro Mid2015/Catalina/Thunderbolt-Firewire original Apple adapter) I need to do "Audio Midi Setup -> Midi Studio -> Rescan MIDI" every connection. It is a bit troublesome on stage (or even on a more stressful rehearsal or studio work), where any problem with power/connection/stability leads user to troubleshoot whole rig.

2. The time when MacBook finds RME FF800 after re-connection (through the TB/FW adapter) is ~8-9seconds when the FW connection is disconnected (or power turned on in FF800) and ~12-13 seconds when the TB connection is disconnected. I suspect there's no place for improvement? wink

Re: Mac and Rescan MIDI

1. You use driver 3.39? Then it should work automatically, and it does with others.

2. Nothing we can do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Mac and Rescan MIDI

Yes, the driver is 3.39, the unit is 2.77. The Motu FastLane appears always without rescan. The RME doesn't, I need to rescan all the time. Steady as hell smile